Thursday, December 07, 2006

Drink Silk

Ok so yesterday I had a patient. He was all gangsta and cute. I learned that he was the plant manager at the soy processing plant in Cedar. I did not know Cedar had a soy processing plant. Home boy was from Kansas City Missouri -largest US producer of soybeans-and was here to work in the plant. One a side note he had some really hard and heavy calc and was seen 6 months and 1 week ago-so naturally I told him to NEVER miss a recall! He said he had been told that before. Oh yeah he was single....but I am a little shy with all the drama my friends are having lately with men...So I cleaned his teeth and picked his brain about soy. I have recently converted to soy milk and love the soy fields I have seen in Indiana (they are a great shade of green-just beautiful!). The soy comes to Utah hulled and ready to process. Cedar then does some form of pasteurization-high temps followed by cooling to make a protein slurry. Then the slurry goes to another plant for the flavorings, vitamin fortifications etc. I learned so much!

Then today my last patient was a young man who was single and attractive as well. I learned that he was the quality control supervisor at the soy processing plant. I just looked at him and laughed. My patient told me that home boy1 and recommended that he come in ASAP to get his teeth cleaned from me and I had an opening the next day. I was so flattered! That was so nice! So me and home boy2 had a great cleaning experience as well. I learned that not only does Cedar process US soy but some from China and Germany and they are mixed in; and that the soy eventually becomes Silk brand milk. So keep the single men employed in Cedar and drink Silk ha ha ha! I truly do love treating male patients! They all are so fun to flirt with and have a great time with!

Jess has brought to my attention that I am still in WSU journal entry mode. I guess I am but I do not have any RDH friends in Cedar and need to tell someone about the great and crazy patients I see. I need to have some nerd talk as Breanna so approptiately stated; so bloggers...it is up to you to fill that void for me!

5 comments:

BreAnna said...

I think it is great, I am the first to admit I am a total nerd, I work with one other hygienist, and it is not uncommon for us to pull the other out of their op to have them go over something disconcerting, or to help decide if a SRP sould be referd or if we should "tak it on". I love it! We have some really good conversations, and it is always nice to have a second opinion! So lets talk teeth! I feel like I totally took it for granted being in school and having 60 hygienists around me for any type of questions I had, and always being able to say "what would you do" it is always nice to check your back! And it doesnt hurt to be able to talk hygiene ALL day with people who want to talk hygiene ALL day! So Silk for the men of cedear huh, I'm on it!

Anonymous said...

Yay for homeboys! :-)

Unknown said...

I love your WSU journal!! It is fun to hear about your patients! You have some great ones! I need more cute single potato farmers!! :) ha!

Filll me in on the Docs, did anything get better? Did they have an excuse for missing lunch with you all??

By the way, go Jazz right back at ya!! I am way to obsessive with them- am really missing being in Utah so i can see every game. No KJAZZ in Boise.

Always fun! You are great!! :)

Jami said...

ha ha ha...flirt it up!! I love it! You should have told them they needed to come back for a sooner recall...something to look forward to! :)

Tatiana said...

Ah the days of flirting! The thing about flirting is it's so much fun. Sometimes I kinda miss it. So I say live it up to the fullest! So silk milk huh? I don't know if I can give up the cow. I have switched from 1% to Slim/ Fat Free recently, but I don't know if I could do soy. I'll give it some thought. I hope you holidays are merry and bright!