Sunday, February 11, 2007

Best Weekend Ever!

I just had a really good weekend. I went up to Salt Lake City for the annual Utah Dental Convention. It was a really good convention--mostly because I got to see tons of people! While I love living in Cedar City I miss my friends and associates that live in northern Utah. I hung out Thursday night with Aimee, Emily, Candace and Desiree and Pam. We went to The Old Spaghetti Factory. It was very yummy! We had great conversation and it was wonderful to hear about all their lives and what they are doing. Friday I went to the Happy Sumo with most of 'my girls'. We were missing Melissa and Maria! Korbin, Heidi, and Natalie were there though. I loved being able to talk to them about work and dental hygiene! We worked on fulcrums, instrumentation, when to refer to a periodontist, injections, and rates of pay. I am so glad that they were there for me! I really needed that time with them! There was one moment that outshines all the rest...it is when my girls told me that they all purchased one of the cute RDH bags WSU SADHA was selling. I almost cried! Realizing that they valued SADHA enough to purchase these bags without my influence is the MOST amazing feeling of pride! Way to go my B-to-the ITCH-As!!

I stayed with my dear friend Andrea for the weekend. I arrived Wednesday night. Andrea took me to Joe's Crab Shack for some yummy shrimp! We went to Macy's to get breakfast food and I saw my favorite treats ever....cinnamon hearts with sugar on the outside. I bought 5 million pounds! We then rented Nacho Libre! I have not laughed so much at a movie for a long time! It was amazing. Jack Black was freaking hilarious! The accents and phrases he used were too funny and I cannot stop quoting the movie!

Saturday Andrea and I attended a Mary Kay party. We received some beautiful make-overs! Anyway, I was looking good and to boost my self esteem a cute man followed us off the freeway. We were having such a fun time flirting but alas he turned a different direction. Later that night we went to a luau for single adults. It was a lot of fun! The dinner was amazing, the entertainment was top notch, and the dance was alright. There were a lot of fun people there having fun! Then on Sunday we attended 3 hours of church in the dark. The power was out yet the good 'ol Mormons carried on and persevered in the dark! It was intriguing to me that a whole congregation and I squinted at the finely types pages of scripture and kept our shoulders to the wheel....What a great experience!

This whole weekend made me want to move up north. The pros are a larger social demographic for me, my hair girl moved up there, Andrea, Korbin, Heidi, Natalie, Andrea and I would start a book club, and the hourly rate is higher. The cons are Cedar is my comfort zone, no inversion/air pollution, I guess that is it....So why am I living down here? Good question! Well until later x o x o XX oo xx OO x ha ha ha!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so jealous!! I would have loved to be there to see you and everyone else. :) Has this made you think even more about moving?? How was the pay compared to what you are getting? Would it be worth it!!

Thanks for your comment. It was horrible. Today was my first day back to work- should have only worked 1/2 day. Was dying by one!! Guess i just need to take it one day at a time eh!

Jami said...

It was so good to see you! You look great! I love your hair! keep on keepin on!

The Obergs said...

It was great to see you! I am also going to comment on your hair and tell you how good it looks, long hair is so flattering on you, and I loved the color. It would be great if you moved up this way, plenty of jobs here in Logan if you would ever consider moving this far. (although I'm sure this is not what you were talking about when you said "northern utah")