Sunday, February 25, 2007

Thank You to all the Moms out there!

I just got home from spending the last 48 hours babysitting a 13 month old boy, Kaden. He is adorable. I had such fun with him. We laughed and giggled this weekend while his parents wen to Vegas for the weekend. It was their first time away overnight. So while they were enjoying Phantom of the Opera I was getting chocolate pudding everywhere! Right at this moment I am so proud of the moms in the world. You all have had to work so hard to keep children fed, diapers changed, baths taken, bottles fixed, dishes washed, clothing washed, walls washed, walks taken, ball played, naps taken, toys picked up and 1,000 more things done daily. THANK YOU for all you do for your families!

Right at this moment I am also thankful I am not a mother. I know I am going to age without anyone around to care for me and that makes me sad but at least I get to sleep through the night! I am just not ready to be a full-time mom which is what you are whether you work or stay at home. It is a lot of work and I am not used to it. Well I am off to teach 3 year olds that Jesus made the night and day for us for 2 hours. I just hope I have enough patience, energy and love left to give.

5 comments:

BreAnna said...

I totally agree, it is amazing what sacrifices are made for us isn't it. I am afraid my adjustment to motherhood with be very very rocky!! You just had a weekend full of toddlers didnt you!

The Obergs said...

I would like to second that! and I also agree with Breanna, it is going to be a major adjustment when I decide to be a mom. Kids are so cute and so much fun, but a ton of work and they're not always so cute and so much fun when you're around them 24/7.

Candice said...

Hey! It's me Candice! I had to tell you that it was SO much fun to see you at the dental convention! You are seriously so awesome. I'm WAY glad you came to eat with us! :)
I agree with you, I am very grateful to sleep through the night too! And you get to give them back after you make a big pudding mess. :) I like that part. Well, you are awesome! Seriously, we all love you to death! You are an inspiration, no joke! Thanks again! :)

Em said...

I screen my possible on the 20th but the two most important people I need to look at him will be in New Orleans!!! UGG! Sometimes I just feel like freaking out. I am getting sick of everything. It is time to graduate.

BreAnna said...

that would be so awesome if you went to New Orleans, I just got in touch with Kami, and yeah I finally get to see some Weber ladies!! I am so sorry about your Phantom let down, that is a huge bummer, I didnt know you were still working at the pharmacy, you are like shera, working 6+ days a week, how do you do it!