Thursday, February 01, 2007

Yes, this is a fantasy...

Ok so I love the disclaimer on the new Ford Edge commercial. If you have not had the pleasure of viewing this commercial-or if you did and missed the note at the bottom of the screen, I will tell you. As the Edge is driving around on top of a building it reads 'Yes, this is a fantasy. Cars cannot drive on buildings.' I love it! I love that America can make fun of their own stupidity. I mean it is ridiculous to even have to state that cars cannot drive on buildings-I know it is because of the false advertising laws etc-I would really like to think people would have enough common sense to realize that cars cannot defy gravity in such a manner. The fact that Ford took advantage of the blatant obvious fact and had a little fun with it made my day!

6 comments:

Em said...

Avoiding?...I never thought it;)

The Obergs said...

What! A Fantasy!!?? I was about to take my car for a spin on the rooftops of buildings. I missed the disclaimer, I'm glad I read your blog first, I would have looked like a real fool . . . . On the subject of favorite commercials, let's talk about the brand new Rembrandt commercial that I saw for the first time yesterday. Talk about steamy!

Unknown said...

I am dying- how did the chat go with the Docs???

BreAnna said...

Seriously that is funny! Have you seen the car one with the voice directions thing. The guy asks his car how to get to he hotel, and then he calls his wife while the car says "the hotel is on your left" in a womans voice. Anyway the wife gets made and hangs up, and he calls a florist. POINT: There is a funny disclaimer at the bottom that I can never finish reading, it starts out "Fortunately the real voice activated..." and I always forget to look when it comes on, any idea what that one says? I will watch for this one, they play that commercial here all the time!

Aimee said...

Where do you want to eat thursday night? We're all excited to see you!!

Tatiana said...

Nice! I'll have to look next time I see the commercial. I didn't notice it. I do remember thinking it would be cool though, but I guess the reason for the reminder is so that I don't try it!