Sunday, January 28, 2007

Winter Wonderland



I went to Delta this weekend to celebrate my nephew's 5th birthday. He is such a cowboy now. It makes me shake my head and thank heaven he does not have or want a mullet! I have a cute pic but I cannot get it to rotate....man I wish I wasn't so computer deficient!

Delta also experienced it's usual fog. It is wonderfully thick which results in all the trees, power lines, fences and pretty much anything outside to become covered in inches of frost. It is really beautiful. This is a picture of the small lilac bush outside my parents house there are also some sage brush edging the field across the road.
This next one is of the other bushes in my parents yard. I am also not a herbologist...where is Professor Sprout when you need her? Anyway, I think it is so beautiful in the morning before the sun burns off the fog and melts the frost...if the temp gets above freezing which it hasn't for a long time (it has been -24) . The pictures have a bit of blue in them and it makes me shiver even now.
I had a great weekend with my family. My mom made a wonderful turkey dinner. Brent made the best mashed potatoes-these are the only potatoes I will eat, willingly. We then played Settlers of Catan. I ran out of road pieces so I could not steal the longest road card from Brent...arggghhh! Earlier that day we rented an old school VHS of Willow. I love that movie and had forgotten just how entertaining it is. Val Kilmer sword skills might not be as great at Vigo Mortenson but he looked good in a dress! I really could use a 'brownie' to send some fairy love dust my way. And how many Nelwyn's did they find to fill the entire village? That is a lot of height challenged people!

I have completed my second week of full time work. I do not think this trend will continue and it makes me very upset. I really want to work and it is frustrating to be denied....Who knows what my future holds maybe Boise will get me afterall.

7 comments:

The Obergs said...

Mary Ann! You little sweeite pie, I feel like it has been forever! thanks for seeking out my old retired blog. I decided to start it up again since my family is scattered all over the country. This way we can all keep track of each other without running up the cell phone bill (which I am known for doing). Can I just say how much I love your family! I don't even know them, but you make it seem like the best family ever. . . and you guys always play the coolest games, remember Pollyanna?? Yes I'm going to UDA and I'm very excited. I will also be there on Thurs and Fri. We will all have to go to lunch, it will be great fun. See ya in a few weeks!

The Obergs said...

P.S. I have not got my hair license yet. . . but I still have big plans. As soon as it becomes a reality, you'll be the first to know. Good luck with finding someone new, that's always the worst, I just went through the same thing but luckily it ended up being a positive experience.

Jami said...

Those cold pics give me goosebumps, very pretty though! Looks like you'll be at UDA...the ol' crew will have to meet up for some laughs!! PS...those morning pics really aren't as great as you made them sound! My teeth were brushed, but that was about it!! ha ha ha

Unknown said...

Did you say Boise?? :) Glad it is still al thought you have!!! How did the lunch go with the DR's???

Em said...

dkblue
IHS I am telling you, IHS!
See ya next week

Anonymous said...

Hey it is us the cutie pie family. you would be a great mom becouse it is so diffrent when it is your own. shay sent her six binkis to heaven today. we tied two pink baloons to each and went outside in the wind and let them go. one got stuck in the tree so we wised up and moved on the road. she was sad and pouted when we went inside. ty even cried. i think he was just tired. shay would not take a nap so i am hoping that she can actually sleep with out a binki. we will see tonight. love you Lori

Anonymous said...

oh matt said that he is going to are going to kick your trash for implying that cow boys have mullets.