Friday, January 12, 2007

Time flies

I has happened! I have worked for Cedar Dental Center for months! I did not realize it until a patient I had seen on my very first day as a real life dental hygienist came in for a 6 month recall visit. She was so nice. She reminded me that she had been my first patient and asked how I was liking my job. I was touched by her concern. I was also touched by the fact I had been working for half a year already! Time has just zoomed by me. I still feel like I have so much to learn. I keep making mistakes. I want to be perfect. I hate that I did not recommend Peridex to a teen in full ortho with some serious gingivitis and that I missed the occlusal calc on #23-I thought it was an old white filling stained from her 1-2 packs of cigarette smoking she did daily. I hope my next 6 months will be better!

So how about all this snow huh? It has been crazy. I love that there is actual snow on the ground! It has been so wintry this winter! I hope everyone is enjoying the new year so far!

3 comments:

Em said...

Can't wait to see you in Feb. We must eat out and eat lots! Time does fly, the last year has blown by. Thank you again for all your words of encouragment Mair.

Unknown said...

Come to Boise- thanks for the e-mail, hope it helped! Keep me posted on things! :)

Tatiana said...

Time sure does fly! I can't believe we have boreds in 2.5 months. I'm seriously flabergasted at all I have to study. How will I get through it all. I read your tip from Aimee's blog about taking 2 wks to study for LA. I'm seriously going to do it. I'm just super stressed! I hope I'll survive somehow.