Friday, May 25, 2007

Pirates, Tetons, Flower Covered Cemetaries....

I am so excited for this Memorial Day weekend. This is my favorite holiday. It is the time of the year when spring and summer collide! Schools are out, families are getting ready to vacation, grave sites are decorated with lovely flowers and memorabilia, flags are placed to remind us that freedom is not free. I love this holiday!!!

I am leaving in about an hour to go to Delta and pick up my sister Jo. Then we are going to Provo to meet my brother Daniel. Then we are picking up my brother Brent. The 4 of us are going to Malad Idaho to decorate the graves of my grandparents, cousins, sister, uncles etc. Then we are going to spend the night in Pocatello. Sat morning we leave for the Tetons! I am so excited to go to this park! A high school friend works at Jackson Lake Lodge and got us the hook up for a cabin in Coulter Bay. I am so excited I could barely sleep....that and the fact I went to see Pirates last night and had a big Diet Pepsi! So for those who will be seeing Pirates this weekend....I loved it. I have never really thought Orlando Bloom was all that...but this movie made me change my mind! He is my new flava of eye candy.

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend and please take a minute out of your life to remember someone who has passed on or who has given their life for the freedom you enjoy!

PS-I hear some WSU class of 07 already have their license! Man that was fast! Congrats everyone

2 comments:

The Obergs said...

I agree with you about this time of year, it is so beautiful and the weather is supposed to be great for the holiday. I'm glad you liked Pirates, I was not a huge fan of #2 but I have to see #3 to see how it ends so I feel better knowing that you enjoyed it. Have a fantastic trip, you deserve it!

Em said...

I wish the movie would have ended differently. It kind of made my heart ache. Have a great time this weekend. Wish me luch for Tuesday, my first temping day....any advice?