Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Teton Extravaganza

The Tetons rocked! I had so much fun! This is me and my sister Jo Ann. We are riding the ferry across Jenny Lake. My brother Brent's friend works at the dock at Jenny Lake and he gave us the hook up-free boat ride!!! If it looks cold that is because it was!











Then my brother Daniel wanted to pick up Jo Ann like the Jeep commercials! We were right on but when I took the pic a huge gust of wind came and the alignment was off.







This one is of my brother Brent. He is such a character! We were hiking to Hidden Falls near Jenny Lake and saw the boulder and had to take the opportunity for a great photo op!











Now this picture is a typical Jones look-into-the-distance pose. The man taking our pic asked us if we were going to look at him. We all said no and kept gazing off in the distance. Just a side note Daniel is wearing my WSU DH jacket-he forgot one and submitted to wearing mine-ha ha ha!






My high school friend Shawna works at the Pioneer Grill at Jackson Lake Lodge and got us a great cabin at Coulter Bay. It was not even like camping....2 double beds and a twin (so my bros did not have to be Green And Yellow--G A Y). We had our own bathroom and shower with actual hot water! It was so nice. THANK YOU SHAWNA! We ate breakfast at the Pioneer Grill the morning we left the park. It was delicious. We were not adventurous enough to have the trout breakfast which my Dad claims is the best Well he claims that fresh caught trout eaten for breakfast is the best, he is not too sure about the restaurant. She drew us about 4 different scenes with moose in them. Which rocked because my number one goal was to see a moose!


Luckily after breakfast we went to Signal Mountain and Jo Ann spotted this moose having breakfast. I was so happy! Up to that point the closest I got to a moose was a pencil Jo bought for me! Later that day as we were coming down Provo Canyon we say another moose just past Park City. How ironic is that. I leave the state to see a moose and I could have just gone to Park City!
Overall my trip was a blast! I love vacations with my family! There were hours of laughter, peeing (Daniel did the marathon 6 minute pee one morning--dang 2 gallon sized bladder), buffalo spotting, picture taking, game playing (I am the champ at speed;)), cell phone withdrawal, Jazz game missing, and driving! I am so glad we went even though my stomach is still in a knot when I think about Daniel and the old man at the park entrance; deaf people and old people struggle to communicate-I curse you old man.....
In less than a month I get to go to Savannah Georgia to see my other brother Dave while he is on leave from Iraq! I am quite excited for this summer!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun family! I love Jackson!! It is so pretty! I especially love the wannabe jeep picture! Too funny! You guys did pretty good!

I need to take your example and start traveling more! Seems like you have a lot of fun!

Jami said...

OK--the jeep pic, i love it! The 6 minute pees---brett can relate (my bladder is about the size of a small dixie cup), the tetons--one of the most beautiful places on earth. Brett's sis was camping in jackson over the weekend, i'm guessing you guys stayed a little warmer inside! I totally have to agree with you...i love this time of year and for some reason i was drawn to the beauty of the cemeteries more this year than in times past. It was a good day. I'm so excited for you to see your brother while he's on a little break!

BreAnna said...

Your family seems great, I just love being the nerd whose family is my best friends, but it sure make for a fun life doesnt it. I was so sad I couldnt enlarge the "looking off in the distance" photo to see all your siblings up closer, but I could with some of the other ones to get a good look at them. I would love to be a fly on the wall with this group (or even better be apart of it), you guys are so entertaining and clever (jeep picture) what a fun life you have, isn't family the best!!

Unknown said...

MaryAnn,
I was all curious about the exact elevation. Boise 2700, Ogden 4300. That is amazing. Did not realize it was that much. Makes me feel alot better about guzzling the air while running in Utah. HA! Fill me on on your life, send me an e-mail!! Sounds like you are great!

The Obergs said...

Maryann, I just can't tell you how much I love your family...I think I would fit right in, can I join?? I too love the jeep picture, that is so clever, I'm going to have to try it, however knowing my camera skills it will probably not work out. You'll be excited to hear that Taylor and I saw a bear in Yellowstone about 50 feet off the road, it was so great because I hear that is pretty rare.

Candice said...

Wow! How fun! I'm so jealous you got to see a moose! That picture really does look like he's holding her! Funny!
Well, I told ya before, but I'm coming down to haunt ya in Cedar! :) Most likely...my hubby just got accepted into the MBA program there, but we have to find him a good job before we go...I'm excited! Are you still planning on staying there? You've probably already mentioned and I've been bad and haven't kept in touch very well...now that I don't have school, I will be better. :) PS, did you hear what happened to me?! DUMB! You can read my blog...it was LAME! Anywho, just thought I'd drop a line! :)

Anonymous said...

The fact that you told the guy you weren't going to look at the camera makes me love you even more. :-D

Anonymous said...

mair is awesome

Unknown said...

WHERE ARE YOU????