Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Better than Halloween!

The Utah Dental Hygienist Association annual convention was this past weekend. It was the best one I have been to yet! I LOVED it! The vendors were generous, the speakers were informative and a pleasure to listen to, the lunch was alright, the company was SUPERB! It was great to see everyone! From catching up on the latest from WSU to seeing Megan Howell and her super tiny pregnant belly--I realized I am fatter than a 8 month prego lady. But never fear my self esteem is still intact. In out registration goodie bag we got shower water piks. I have not hooked mine up yet but I thought it was pretty cool. I also scored several syringes of bleach and fluoride as well at the usual prophy paste, toothbrushes, floss, and toothpaste. It was wonderful!

So to the best part ever....the 3 hour lecture on how the tooth tells the truth. It was given by a cosmetic dentist out of Sandy (Dr Faddis) He is a forensic odontologist. His lecture contained pictures gorier than any Halloween movie. There were pics of plane crashes where body pieces are scattered everywhere (like ears, faces etc) There were drownings, burnings, bodies cut up by boat propellers, shootings, car accidents and every other grotesque way to die. It was amazing! I admit it was disturbing. I definitely did not fall asleep during this lecture and was a little sad when it ended. I could have listened to him for another hour. Anyway it was such a great lecture and am so glad I was able to attend. GO DENTAL HYGIENE!

3 comments:

BreAnna said...

Oh Megan is pregnant, I bet she is so cute! I wish I could have been there, what a great weekend to spend with friends and collegues! Sounds wonderful!

cheeks said...

I wish i could have been there! THat sounds like such an interesting topic to hear about...kinda one that is creepy, but you want to hear it...like car wrecks that you can't stop looking at! Wish i could have seen you! Hope you had a good time! Hope all is well in the wonderful land of Cedar!

Monica said...

The lecture by Dr. Faddis made the whole convention worth it! He was an entertaining speaker. It was great to see you!