Thursday, October 16, 2008

Opening and Closing Doors.

It is official. I gave my 2 week notice today. My last day at Cedar Dental Center will be Oct 30. I am then leaving from the parking lot to move to Oregon. This is going to be a very hard thing for me to do. I have many people who I want to say goodbye to. The last 14 years of my life have been here in Cedar City. I have made many many great and dear friends. I am aching from the fact I have to say goodbye to my beloved Cedar Breaks. I will miss the red cliffs at dawn. I will miss the Shakespeare Festival, humbug lollies, Melling Drive, the smell of the milk plant, the wind, the dust, the freshly cut alfalfa, the college radio station, the dental office and all the patients I have grown to love and care for, the pharmacy and all the patients I have grown to love and care for. I will miss so many people--so many of you have impacted my life for good and I will truly miss you. I will miss the sunsets, the lazy summer evenings sitting on the lawn, the fire pit and chocolate marshmallows--I'm sure they don't have them in OR:). I am tearing up now so I am going to talk about something else...

So Oregon is going to rock. It is so green there. I really think I am going to love it. It will be a great adventure for me and Dan. It will be so wonderful to be in the same town as Dan. I look forward to seeing him everyday. I am slightly nervous about navigating the city but I'll figure it out sooner or later....probably later and after I have been lost a few times. But what a great opportunity for me to learn the ins and outs of another city. I am sure there are some great hikes I can go on and I'll fall in love with the city and the surrounding areas. While today I love the rain I may become sick of it. I think it will be a while though because I really like the rain and the smell and the coolness it gives the air. I am also looking forward to seeing the historical stuff like the Oregon Trail stuff. It will be great to learn more about that part of history.

I guess that I am pretty happy to have a door opening after closing such a beloved door. I will miss you CC!!!!

8 comments:

The Obergs said...

holy crap Mary Ann, I had no idea that things were THIS serious! It would take a very special man to get you to leave your beloved Cedar City, so he must be a catch. Wow, I'm so impressed with your decision, this is huge. I'll admit, I was tearing up a little reading this post too... Best of luck to you. I'll be excited to see all of your new adventures so make sure you keep your blog updated.

Em said...

Soooooo, guess this mean we won't be having dinner when I come into town, huh? LOLLOLOLOL good for you Mair.

Anonymous said...

This is a big, fat, exciting, terrifying step... I'm proud of you for taking the chance! So is your bother (whether or not he ever says so). Only you know if you need to do this and only you will know if it is worth it!! I'm sure it is!!!!!!
You'll be fine in a new city... it takes me forever to figure out new places... I'd been in Savannah almost a year when you visited and I still had no idea where I was going when we went downtown!!
Good luck and keep us posted. Hopefully we'll see you two in Vermont next summer!!!!! Oh and that reminds me that I need your new address...
Lots of love from both of us here in Savannah!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's good to see that you have found someone to share your life with, I am VERY happy for you. I know how hard it is to leave a place you love so much, leaving Cedar was one of the hardest things I have ever done but from it has come one of the greatest gifts in my life....my husband Scott. I never thought I could like living in Vegas. I have come to realize that I can live anywhere as long as I have Scott there with me.
If you are going to move somewhere Oregon is a great place. I spent 3 weeks there visiting and had a wonderful time. You will come to love it as much as you have Cedar. I hope he makes you very happy you deserve it.
Dawnmarie

Aimee said...

I'm so jealous! I love the Portland area. I was hoping to move there after school, but couldn't find anyone to go with me! Anyway....congrats to you! :) What a great adventure!

Scott and Misty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott and Misty said...

ME TOO! I miss all those things! But, I love the adventure of starting a new life and you will too. Thanks for the dental info, I was just wondering when we were due for a check-up. Always the tooth nazi you answered my questions before I could ask them. Love you!

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel a little better, Power 91 is online now at http://suu.edu/ksuu/.

And I'm on Fridays from 12-2 your time zone. :-D