Friday, October 03, 2008

How Blind Am I??????


World, I am ready to introduce you to Dan. He is all I think about right now. Just some quick stats...He lives in Portland---that's in Oregon. He has 2 daughters, he is a student @ PSU. He is in the National Guard. He is a skilled auto mechanic. He sings along to the radio. #11 is malpositioned in the cutest way! He has scared the shit out of my father. He makes me smile. He is a GREAT kisser. He opens my doors. He gives me flowers. He has made my phone minutes increase from 741 one month to 4800 this month and still have 12 days to go--thank heaven for Verizon!! I know you're dying to know how we met---online. Scary huh? Almost all of my friends and family are scared of him. I'm not. What can I say except there is a saying about love and blindness....hmmmm. I think I fit this saying. Well that is all I'm going to say for now....and even this might be too much. I will probably wish I had not said anything, but I have held it in for so long I just wanted to share. Feel free to express your true feelings and warnings. I really could use the dose of reality. We are all still friends right?

12 comments:

Em said...

Ok, Mormon or not? And was that taken in Portland? Because you could detor my way yeah know. And Mair....what can I say...I pray everything goes right for you. But dang he's kinda cute. AND a mechanic, honestly that would be nice.

Aimee said...

How cool! I'm so happy for you. It's always nice when our friends and family approve of who we care about. Unfortunately, we never get 100% approval. You know him best and if he's right for you! We are all your friends and we love you. We just want you to be happy!

That picture is so cute! You look all twitterpated :)!

cheeks said...

Mair! I am so happy right now! You are such a sweetheart and deserve a great person to treat you right (opening doors is a must)! Keep us posted!! You look so cute together!

Anonymous said...

Yay for you!! All that truly matters is that you are happy... everyone else will come around eventually. Your brother is happy for you too, although he wants to do the traditional brother-thing and make sure Dan doesn't hurt you... so far he's decided that you know the guy best and can make your own decisions! He's pretty funny about it!
Anyway, we're both happy for you and are looking forward to meeting Dan.
Congratulations and Good Luck!!!!!

Tatiana said...

So happy for you! I hope all goes well! I'm smiling really big and hope you have the time of your life every second you are with him!

Kami said...

Maria, I have been out of touch with the blogosphere. How fun to see that you are moving forward with a relationship! He seems very cute. Tough with the long distance though. I must comment on the oh, so incredible truck that you have posted. The only drawback might be gas mileage. How does it do? So, do you think you may move sometime in the near future.

Em said...

Hey,
are you in portland right now?
today being the 8th of Oct.

Em said...

OK when I come down for Thanksgiving are you going to be in UT? Because I'd love for Aim and you and I to get together for dinner and....ok help me with my shopping for new clothes...I do need help.

Lizi said...

Hi Dan! I'm so glad you introduced us...why hide the fun? Which, by the way, you both look so happy in that pic! Please tell Dan that he's wanted in southern UT, he's due for a visit! Esp. since you're up there this weekend (sorry I wouldn't have bugged you with work stuff if I'd known your were on vacation). Anyway have fun and enjoy the sun while it lasts!

Maria said...

I am happy for you Mair, but I also want to warn you to be careful. I've done the long-distance thing and it is very difficult. I've also dated the guy that the family doesn't approve of. Many times.

How long have you been dating him? I'm so happy that you're happy! You deserve it!

Maria said...

On second thought, don't listen to anything I have to say on dating! I'm a loser when it comes to relationships. I can't hang onto a guy for more than five seconds....You go girl!

Grace said...

I am very happy for you! And Dan sounds like a great guy--cute picture too! Good luck on your move to Portland. Happy endings are for real--sometimes you just have to wait a little longer for them to materialize. Good things come to those who wait! Best of luck!
Andrea Cook