Saturday, January 17, 2009

Another week

Just for the record Nursery is not bad. This will be the beginning of my 9th year teaching nursery or sunbeams....almost the same thing. I am just a bit burned out even though it has been 1.5 years since my last nursery calling. I am frustrated that I have not learned what I need to to graduate on to something more adult. It is kind of making me had children. Maybe that is what I need to learn....to love even when I dont want to. Well there are only about 3 that come every week so I cannot complain. Previous experiences have been 13-27 and sometimes I am the only one in there. It can be very non spirit promoting.

Ok so we had the Elders over for dinner on Thursday. They had requested breakfast. My favorite! So I made crepes. What was funny is that our little house is so little. We do not have a table-or room to put one. Our couch sits 2 and I only had plates for 4. So I served the crepes on a frying pan lid and we all sat where ever we could find a place. We huddled into the small kitchen to prepare our crepes and load up on eggs, hashbrown and bacon. It was so funny to have 3 grown men and me (who is not tiny by any means) in this small kitchen. We were all trying to be polite and not bump into each other but we did. It was a great night. The missionaries had another meeting after dinner and needed travel time so they left after 40 min. It was nice and sweet.

That is just about all that happened this week. Just working. There has not been any rain this whole week. It has been lovely weather! I am ready to get out and enjoy it today...wonder what I will do and see today. Next weekend....Lycans is what I will be seeing ha ha ha I am such a nerd!

4 comments:

Lori England said...

That is a funny picture! Well the biggest part of traveling is matt and his health. But his sister has stumbled(funny how the Lord works) on a lady who took some colon cleaner stuff and it cured her so matt is going to call her tonight to see what he thinks. any way I think i will get a "Shell hunting" piggy bank and put our change in it and save money to come see you. I will check tickets. I am a chicken to fly by my self but maybe jo can come. I will look into it i am sick of cleaning and need a internet fix anyway.
I am a cuddler and the big bed makes that very hard to do. That is the only bad thing. But I find him and i am sure that Dan will find you no matter what size of bed you have. Loves!

Maria said...

Ninth year teaching in Primary?! Time to change religions.... ;)

Em said...

DON"T give anything away about Underworld. I can't go until the 6th of Feb. SO MUMS the word.

Anonymous said...

4:15 at Stadium 8 if you feel like a roadtrip! ;-D