Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Coast!!


I made it to the Oregon coast today. It was quite the miracle! Well not really but you know gotta sound dramatic. Dan got up at 5:30 left by 6 and so I was awake so I got up and cleaned then left the house @ 8:30 am. I drove to Tillamook. It was lovely. There was fog and high rivers/creeks (they call them creeks I call them rivers). There has been flooding and all the rivers are very high and moving fast. Like Utahs creeks in May after snow melt in the mountains-which is what is happening here the freak snow is melting. Anyway they were impressive.


This is at Oceanside.


It was about 46 degrees, wind blowing, super cold water and it was forecasted to rain...luckily I missed that part.


At the Tillamook cheese factory tour there was a thing about how much rain they get from Oct to April 90 inches....that is 7 feet 5 inches. That is a lot of water.


I got some ice cream from Tillamook. I ordered carmel toffee crunch but got carmel praline. I was grossed out. I hate nuts even pralines. Sad thing was that I did not know until I was driving away. I was grossed out and disappointed. Luckily Dan wanted squeaky cheese so I am alright.









I am a skilled photographer!










The waves were so beautiful and the sounds were therapeutic! I had the best day. I really think what was great about it was that I was alone. I got to listen to my tunes and sing as loud as I could. I did what I wanted and when I wanted to. It was all about me today. I have been a loner for so long in my life and while I love Dan it is really nice to have some me time. After I got home today I walked to the library. It was a great walk. On my trip back it started to rain...of course. So I got a little soggy. But other than the ice cream mishap today has been a wonderful day.

7 comments:

Lori England said...

Wow it looks beutiful! I wish that i could see it. I am proud you braved the weather and the flooding and found yourself again! Love you sis!

The Obergs said...

Mary Ann, this day sounds fantastic! Taylor's dad is from Oregon so the family frequently goes back to visit. I think their favorite spot is Tillamook (which also happens to be their fav cheese). I'm sorry to hear about the icecream... What's funny is I just bought a whole carton of Praline Pecan for myself tonight, it's my favorite flavor!

Aimee said...

Those pictures are great. It's been a few years since I've been up to that coast. I need to get back! There's nothing like the Oregon coast. It makes me want to go watch the Goonies!

Lizi said...

I'm so glad you made it to the coast!! And happy cheese land too...mmm. I'm sorry you got jipped on your ice cream, I can only imagine the disapointment! Yes Kaden and Sadie are HUGE. We spent the weekend in Vegas b/c Joe had as eXfuze convention...he got up on the stage with 700 people watching. We talked about how you should fly down for the weekend so you could play with us. We miss you!!

Lori England said...

Ty and Shay just looked at the pictures of the ocean and Tys only coment was did she get us shells?

cheeks said...

I'm glad you had some "me" time! What a perfect place for that...the ocean! Bummer about your icecream...i would have turned right around! You don't mess with me and my icecream! Glad you took a pic of yourself at the coast! You're too cute! I think i would have done the exact thing! ha ha

Monica said...

So glad you made the trip. I'm so sorry you got crappy ice cream. I'm not a fan of praline ice cream either. Bummer.

Nursery... Good luck with that one. At least you don't have kids at home to drive you crazy all week!!! :)