Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Dan!!!


Saturday January 24 was Dan's birthday. It stared out for me waking up at the crack of dawn and making cinnamon rolls from scratch. It took forever for the dough to raise because our house is sub-zero! Dan did not get up until 10 am. Just in time for the rolls. After eating he wanted to go back to bed to snuggle. Yeah right-snuggle; I had other thoughts but nope he fell asleep and so I read while he slept and snuggled up. He woke up at 12:30 and was like man we slept a lot. I laughed. He showered and pouted a touch because I did not join him...I already had my shower:)



We then went to the east hills of Portland and looked at a 1973 Dodge truck. After working on it for a while to get it to start Dan decided to buy it. Then he talked the man down to half price! Amazing! We then had to get a trailer to transport it to our house. So now it is 8 pm at night. It has been a cold wet day. I am grumpy and feel bad because it is his birthday. So we go to Red Robin for dinner. Dan got the whole song and balloon and sundae treatment. It was fun to watch him be like a kid!
I tried to get a better pic and out came the tongue....that blasted yet wonderful thing!





This was taken on New Years in Hermiston. Dan is using his plasma torch to cut up the body of an old Jeep.








My pyro....


















Dan getting ready to go to drill for the Nat. Guard. See he does own a razor;)




I have to be sneaky taking pics because when he knows about it his tongue finds its way into the pic.



In this pic Dan was really upset at his mother. This is his Jeep Willeys that he is building from all sorts of parts...






Here Dan is sitting in the hall waiting for class to start. I went with Dan to the first day of class just for fun.

See that tongue ;-P

Dan is thinking hard on his birthday.He is reading an invitation from the military for a formal dinner. Should he go or should he stay...



I dont remember when this was taken. How cute is he all snuggly in my WSU Dental Hygiene blankie





Last but not least. This is Dan's butt! He climbed into the Dodge truck to tighten the power steering belt. It was snowing at the time. And I thought it would be funny to show the world his butt once again.
But mostly I want the world to know how wonderful I think he is. I know Dan to be a caring man. He is a wonderful companion. He has some serious skills. Dan makes me smile. He makes me laugh. He tickles me until I do...which is great when I am being a pill. He is a great driver and multi tasker! He loves me and that makes him a genius! He is a dreamer and children lover. His eyes leak while watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition! He lets my eyes leak and never freaks out about it. I love his butt. I love his heart. I love his scruff and I love his razor clean face. And while he loves onions and pizza--not my favs I still love this man who had a birthday on Saturday. I love him more that I thought possible. Happy Birthday Baby!

9 comments:

cheeks said...

What a cute birthday post! I'm glad you guys found eachother! Glad you are happy! Jealous i'm not anywhere close to any homemade cinnamon rolls right now....you really can't bring stuff up like that when a pregnant girl is reading! Now i'm having a craving!

Em said...

Wow, I think you're in love, Mair. LOL. I forgot to ask is he a LT???

Maria said...

Aww, true love! Makes a single girl like me want to puke... ;)

So, what's electric heat? I'm guessing it's not very efficient if your house is so cold.

I have been walking to class because I'm too lazy to wait for the shuttle. And I don't trust other drivers. I'm pretty sure my legs will have to be amputated due to frostbite by the end of the semester.

Melissa Rees said...

I totally remember that you hate pizza! So funny. What a luxery to sleep until 10. Or 12:30. I miss those days! Deacon won't have any of that, unforntunatly.

Lori England said...

I am so glad that you two are together! Happy Birthday Dan!

Lori England said...

Why is his toung wonderful? lol
Oh thanks for the info. I think it is the tooth that has already had a root c. so yea i will have them pull it.

Maria said...

How could I forget that you hate pizza?! That makes me laugh cuz I could eat pizza everyday. In fact, one day I ate an entire Papa Johns pepperoni pizza all by myself.

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't be proud of that.

The Obergs said...

I'm so glad that you've found someone that you can "leak eyes" with, haha! Your cinnamon rolls sound so good.... I'm with Jami, don't talk about home baked goods on your blog when some of your readers are pregnant girls with serious cravings :)

Em said...

Thanks for the great time...it's nice to talk about life, hygiene, and....life with someone who understands.

YOU LOOK GREAT!! and you'll make your goal, I can tell your that determined.

Next times it the Dalles.