Sunday, May 31, 2009

A rose by any other name...


Well, I live in Portland, the Rose City (view from Rose Garden). The past week has been the Rose Festival. Last night Dan and I went to the Starlight Parade. It started at 8:30 pm. While I was working at Albertson's Pharmacy a patient came in at 9:30 am and said she was on her way downtown to save the spot for the parade. I was so glad I had done a little research and learned that the parade route went right by my office. So I asked my dr if Dan and I could come after hours and watch the parade from the 7th floor office windows. He was cool with it. So we did. It was quite fun!
There was a run just before the parade. Here are a group of bees. There was everything from Pac Man, ghosts and the white balls Pac Man eats. It was so funny. There were ballerinas, spiderman, wonderwoman, ninja turtles, Nixon, Showers (like from Karate Kid) . It was quite entertaining.
Then there was the parade. Everything was full of lights and color. Here is a picture from the John Deere float. I posted this in honor of my nephew Ty.
There was tons of marching bands, the whole storm tropper, darth vader and star wars crew, great floats etc. It was quite fun.
Dan peeking out the window...
Today Dan took me to the Rose Garden. There is a whole garden of different varieties of roses. Here is a mini rose. See how tiny it is.
Then there is this huge one.
Great pink ones
Lovely lavender ones
And fun striped ones. It was very beautiful and full of aroma. I loved it.
So for my good news this week....I have a CT scan scheduled for Friday for my abdomen. AND I got released as nursery worker in my ward!!! I am so excited. I now am RS chorister and on the Enrichment committee. I love it. I love RS! I could not be happier with this! I do not have any experience with leading music so it will be a learning experience!

7 comments:

Maria said...

How fun for you to be doing all these cool things in a new city! I desperately want to come visit. Next year!

So I hope the CT scan isn't for something serious! Keep us posted. I also love RS. I could never understand the girls who didn't like it. I couldn't wait to get out of YW!

Ruth said...

First, I did not know you could lead music! I can too, but I am not asked too. The flowers are gorgeous. Sounds like you had a good time!

cheeks said...

What a nice view from your office! That sure beats going hours early to save a spot on the street! i love parades...brett doesn't, so it's been a while since i've been to one. The roses are beautiful! How exciting to be back in RS...you will be a great chorister! :) Good luck w/ your CT scan. Is everything ok?

Melissa Rees said...

Dude!! I was totally the RS chorister in Phoenix!! I actually hated it but I really don't know why. They girl I replaced was a musical genius so they expected quite alot from me. Putting together singing programs in Sacrament and all that. It terrified me as I have no musical experience. That, and I was newly preggers and very sick. Not a good combo. But you will totally rock! May I suggest the new picture book of LDS hymns? Not sure the of exact title, but it comes in a new lay-flat edition and has lovely pictures and the stories behind each hymn. Very good for the practice hymn to enlighten your fellow RS peeps. Got to Deseret Book online, I'm sure you'll find it.

Em said...

So I forgot that I was promised to house sit for a friend the weekend of the 27. Which sucks because I have to drive up then turn around and drive right back...sorry.

Lizi said...

Good times! The roses are so pretty...I love it at the office all the roses are in bloom and they smell SO good. Did you see someone wearing a shower for the 5k run? I had a friend do that race, haha. Hope all is well for you Mair. We miss you!

Em said...

I'm going to slater the spelling of her name...Keirjten Kimber Adams. My sister-in-law.