Saturday, October 10, 2009

Local C Supplier






This group of deliciousness are cinnamon devils. While I am a dental hygienist I must admit that I love cinnamon chewy candy. I love cinnamon bears...not covered in chocolate though. My only problem with packaged c-bears is that they have the potential to be old. I LOVE fresh candy in bulk.
I grew up measuring time through the holidays. I worked at the local grocery
store in Delta....Quality Thriftway. This store introduced me to the cinnamon candy world.
I moved away from Delta and then started counting time between Valentines day where cinnamon lips were available to Christmas when cinnamon santas were ready in stock. Luckily the holiday candy companies have added cinnamon bunnies and cinnamon devils so my only dry spell is the summer.
I have been in Oregon for almost a year and have missed the cinnamon candies. My mom did send me some lips but my dry spell has been long and dehydrating. I was doing some quick grocery shopping and behold my surprise when I rounded the corner near the halloween section...which I was going to bypass since I was in a hurry and it was crowded, but I spotted the c-devils!!! I got about 2 lbs. Dan laughed at me but promptly took a handful. I am so excited that I have my own local source of fresh soft sticky cinnamon candies!!! Life is complete.
On another note; yesterday I had lunch for the first time with Kristie. She was a RDH student at the same time as me. She lived in Washington. She found me via this blog. We have kept in touch ever since that one mean post I had in 05 half way through school. We met yesterday for lunch in Vancouver WA. It was a lot of fun talking about the differences in offices and getting to know each other. She is a kindred RDH. Her sister and her niece are/will be RDH. It is in her blood. She is a full restorative RDH. I am quite jealous of that. Not that I want to do restorative but knowing that there is a license that is one step better than mine is stroking my competitive nature....

10 comments:

vicki said...

I love all things gummy especially gumdrops but I don't dare eat them anymore because I have a mouth full of VERY old amalgams and I am afraid one of them will come out.

Lori England said...

So...do I not need to send you a halloween package?

Maria said...

Eww, I hate chewy cinnamon candy! :)

MN has an RF degree too, and I so totally don't care. That is not why I went into hygiene and I don't want to have to further explain what some more initials behind my name mean. MN has the wackiets dental laws. Assitants here have RF too. They can place and adjust fillings. The dentist will drill and leave and the assistant does everything else. Plus, the hygienist will give LA, so the dentist is hardly in the room. Such a joke!

cheeks said...

mmmm! i had no idea there were cinnamon devils! i love the lips and bunnies and santas....always a part of the holidays! i LOVE sticky candy....the more it gets stuck in my teeth the better! ha ha!

cool that you met that rdh...i don't remember the '05 post....was she the mean one?? Out here there are "EFDA's" (expanded function dental assistants), kindof like maria described....the rdh sometimes nubs, dr drills, the efda fills and adjusts while the dr is off drilling in his next room. if i were a pt seen in an office like that i'd feel like i was the assembly line project! Can you get an RF degree in Oregon?

Lizi Bates said...

My mouth is watering looking at these c-devils! I'm glad your life is now complete :) eat to your heart's content while supplies last!

The Obergs said...

First of all, I LOVE cinnamon chewy candies and your fresh stock sounds delicious (although I kind of like the hard stale ones too).

Second of all, your friend's full restorative license is stoking my competitive streak too. I have NO desire whatsoever to do restorative work, but I feel like I SHOULD get the license because then I would be a REAL hygienist....

Speaking of, did you watch the Office last week when Dwight totally dissed a girl he hooked up with because she was a hygienist and said she "made love like a hygienist"... I'm pretty sure that Taylor loves that fact that I make love like a hygienist, hahah. Whatever that means.

Lori England said...

NO CANDY IN DELTA. WHAT THE...

Em said...

No way do I want restorive. I have enough dang perio...Portland Officer asked why I didn't have it and I should get it etc.....I said no.

Melissa Rees said...

Love anything gummy! They definetely have to be fresh. I always think I'm doing so good by eating fat-free gummy candy, but it's not so pleasant on the other end...

Angie said...

Cinnamon devils are my favorite candy I've never had! They sound fabulous! :-D