Saturday, October 31, 2009

Party of One...The Loner's Manifesto

November 1 is my anniversary. Today is Halloween. I am being an introvert today. I would rather spend time by myself today. Well really not so much but me is all I have. My friends are with their children my husband is at work until 8 pm. He has been there since 6:30 am. I am not dressing up. I did not purchase any candy to give out. I am not going to answer my door. I think I will take myself out to dinner....

Tomorrow I will be attending my new ward for the first time. I am taking opinions on if my first calling in this ward will be in the nursery/sunbeams. I have been called into this position in every ward I have moved into for the last 12 years. I don't have hopes of breaking the tradition but we shall see. I have not even been to the ward. I am not sure what the demographics will be of this ward. It should be interesting.

4 comments:

Maria said...

I am also spending Halloween by myself. I am supposed to be studying, but I think my brain is going to explode if I try to learn anymore accounting. I wish we could be loners together!

I hope you like your new ward. I'm betting for a Primary calling. Long live tradition!

I can't believe it's been a year since you moved out there! So crazy how time flies. Congrats on one year of marriage; I hope you have a great anniversary.

Ruth said...

I want to come to dinner!!!! Take me! I thought you shared your anniversary with my Brother in law. He took his wife somewhere and emailed me, while he has been gone...makes one wonder. Good luck tomorrow!! I have high hopes for your new calling.

Lori England said...

Happy anniversary! It is all down here from here

Angie said...

I, too, had a very solitary Halloween (so weird!). Took myself out on a date with my friend Jonathan The Gay Cashier to dinner and a movie, then wandered the streets of Iowa watching the kids trick-or-treat.

Solitary, but good overall. And while I did purchase candy, it was all for me. :-)