Sunday, February 14, 2010

Spring is Slowly Coming



I was walking home from the train on Thursday and I was in my own little world as usual; but for some reason I paused. This tree was trying to tell me not to get gloomy, spring is coming. The closer I looked I noticed there were buds all over this tree. and it was not the only tree to sport these blessed buds. I am so glad. I am ready for spring. I am ready to shake of the winter dull drums and get outside and hike and play and picnic. It is coming. It is.

Today I tried a new recipe. It turned out so pretty I had to show you. It was a pasta, asparagus, pine nut, prosciutto dish. I loved it. I find asparagus so springy and I cooked it perfectly. Happy Valentines Day to myself.
I promptly sat down on the couch and turned on the winter Olympics. I love speed skating and I love the biathlon. I mean those athletes cross country ski and then shoot these rifles with such skill while breathing heavily amazes me. I am quite jealous of their skill. Plus their guns are tricked out so that the triggers respond to the lightest touch and then the bolt action is so fast. I just want to shoot one!! Too bad they dont let chubby girls into the olympics. I am sure it is because I would look so good in those skin tight clothes ha ha ha!

8 comments:

Lori England said...

That looks good! Is it fresh Aspergus? Try it! Yea spring is starting to hit here and it is great.

Ruth said...

It looks yummy! I would omit the pine nuts, because for some reason I do not want to try them. I hope you have a wonderful week!

cheeks said...

ohhhhh, PLEASE SEND SPRING EAST!! we are getting pounded by snow, snow and more snow!! your pasta looks wonderful! you should post the recipe! i'm so into the olympics! maybe that explains my lack of blogging! i too love speed skating...well, mostly apollo ohno and the drama of the short track! it's all so intense! go USA!

Lizi Bates said...

Yummm that dinner looks so pretty, healthy, and delicious! Spring is such an exciting time, the newness of it all makes me giddy!

vicki said...

OOOh, that looks so good! I love the cool weather but I'm ready for Spring!

Brent said...

I have been bad about watching the olympics this year. I am glad you are surpporting them. By the way I am sure you would look hot in the olympics. I would def watch then.

Brent said...

By the way that was from Jenni, I saw it said it was from Brent and realized that is a creepy comment from your brother. Add me jennijones1984@gmail.com

Angie said...

I like this post in about 50 different ways. :-D