Saturday, April 17, 2010

Rain-Free Day


My brother Daniel came to visit me. He showed up late last night. We slept in a titch today and after a great breakfast at Black Bear Diner (Daniel voted best OJ, sausage, and pancakes) we headed to historic hwy 30.
This highway is lovely. It has a sacred grove appearance. Daniel who has been to the grove confirmed my theory. There are several waterfalls and small and large hikes. We went on a small one. I almost died. The hike was 2/3 mile round trip. I am embarrassed to say this. Daniel laughed at me and told me I had to exercise every day. I laughed because he is my younger bro. I should be schooling him. Anyway, the hike was amazing. Here we are at Bridal Falls.


I am getting good at self portraits. This only took me one time. Still have those lame sunglasses on my head ha ha ha.




After the hike and a trip to Portland's Saturday Market complete with elephant ears Daniel and I met Dan and Anna at Wunderland. It is a nickelcade. So fun so germy. We gave Anna all our tickets. She got Daniel this super bad. He was trying to to the Jones look away stare but it was lost in translation.
His hearing aid was chewed by a dog. So he is without any assistance. I did not realize how much the hearing aids helped him. It has been a challenge communicating today. I guess I am going to check out the deaf branch tomorrow. I am excited.
My counselor says I am still attached to Dan. He thinks it is alright. Yesterday my name was removed from the loan and title of his vehicle. I was thrilled. I ran down there signed the papers and almost jumped for joy. It has been a concern for me, knowing there was a loan in my name and I was not in control of ensuring payments were made on time. I am so happy but still attached. Well at least I am not crying daily anymore so I am happy about it. Life is good.

9 comments:

cheeks said...

so fun for another visitor! looks like you didn't waste any time! i love the pic of you in front of the bridal falls...both are gorgeous! thanks for sharing your pics!

Ruth said...

Yay, for your brother coming! I manage to learn something new about you just about every time I read your blog. I hope you have a good week! I know life is getting better each and everyday for you.

Lori England said...

So much fun!

Melissa Rees said...

What a gorgeous hike! So glad your family is there to support you. As per your earlier post, I have no idea why Jeff would have said that! I really don't think there is a diffrence, but maybe he knows something we don't...

Lizi Bates said...

Bridal Falls looks awesome! So happy your sibs keep showing up to support you :) And that's awesome that you aren't on the loan anymore, woohoo!!

Maria said...

Isn't family visiting so much fun? I'm glad you are having so many fun adventures in OR.

I'm glad you're seeing a conselour. That's something I never did and I kind of wish I had.

Maria said...

I wish I had seen a conselor so that maybe I would not be so afraid to get married again. And maybe I would let go of this notion that Mr. Perfect is out there and maybe it will work with a guy who is totally different from what I was expecting. I have this pre-conceived notion of this perfect guy and us having a perfect life together. Everyone has a pile crap and I have to decide if I want to deal with this guy's pile of crap or take the chance that another guy's (if he came along) pile of crap would be easier to deal with.

Sigh.

I keep telling myself that I don't have to get married ever again if I don't want to, but living in sin is not really okay with my family. What's a girl to do? ;)

Angie said...

Mair, you are so lovely! Really! You just have this glow about you in that picture with your brother. :-D

I am happy that you are off the loan. I am happy that your family comes to visit you so often. I am happy that you find peace in nature. I am happy that you found the Black Bear Diner. And I am happy that you are my friend.

You are wonderful, and you deserve good things in your life. Keep going. :-)

cheeks said...

hey! thanks so much for being so concerned for little Emri while she had croupe. i'm sure that is way scary to you after what you saw your brother go through. hopefully hers isn't ever that bad, or often :) we're glad she's back to being herself! hope you're doing well!