Thursday, September 30, 2010

Just in Case

Just in case you have been wondering about my facebook post regarding my recent blind date.

My visiting teaching partner, Janice, has taken me in. She is such a sweet giving person. She like many friends is baffled that I cannot find a man. She thinks I am 'super cute, intelligent, got my sh*t together, fun, make good money'. . . the list goes on how great she thinks I am. I laugh. I honestly do not know why I cannot attract men. It is the honest truth. I think I am cute, fun, and smart.Well Janice has taken it as her mission to see me with a man.

She has known a single man in our ward. He lives with his mother due to her age and recent spouse/father death. He has a 13 year old daughter that comes to church with him every week. She pointed him out. I was jolted by his matureness. He does not have wrinkles and only a few strands of gray hair but he dressed stuffy. It hit me so hard that he is my demographic now. I am middle aged. Yikes. . . guess that means I have to date middle aged. Right then I missed Josh and his youthful ways. It hurt to admit that my dates are no longer exciting fun and young. sigh. I resisted the urge to be old so I took a pic of the back of Scott's head with my phone during sunday school--I felt younger doing something so immature.

I put Janice off for a couple months. When Josh got married I said Janice hook me up. So Tim, Janice's husband arranged the time and Janice and I made the food. We ate kabobs. Beef, chicken, shrimp, tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, etc. (this is getting long). So we ate, and talked.

Scott came in a Jeep. I was feeling better already. We sat down to dinner and had a long dinner. All four of us kept talking and talking. We left the dinner table and brought everything into the kitchen. Scott thanked us for dinner and proceeded to stand with all of us in the kitchen for an hour! We moved into the living room and chatted for another hour. The whole dinner lasted 4 hours. He finally left. He said it was nice to meet me and that he had a great time. I truly think he had a great time. We had fun. Janice was ecstatic when he left. She took me home (since I am without car).

The next day she texted asking if he had called. I laughed. I am not at all concerned that he has not called. I know he had fun. I had fun. Lets just leave it at that. But Janice wants him to call so bad. More than I do. She snooped and found out he graduated high school 12 years before me. Tuesday she texted me his phone number urging me to call. I am not. I have called many men. It is time for men to be men and man up and call me. lol. It is killing Janice and my friends from work. I am going to remember the fun time. I am not going to worry that he has not called. I am not going to even begin to think how ugly, fat, annoying, self confident, and more negative things I am and that is why he did not call. I am still great and I had fun!

12 comments:

Maria said...

Oh, for heaven's sake, you are not middle-aged! Lol!

I'm glad you had fun and you are right: you should not call him! Men should be calling you. He is probably petrified because you are so young and sexy and gorgeous and he is probably feeling insecure. Maybe you could send him a text that said you had fun at dinner. Maybe.

By the way, your dates can still be young and exciting. Don't limit yourself! Date lots of guys and see who bites (figuratively) first!

cheeks said...

oh i'm so glad for the update! first of all i love that you took a pic of him from behind in sunday school. were you giggling when you did it?? i would have been! that's awesome!

i'm glad you had fun! i'm with maria...men need to call!! you are great! he has probably been out of the dating game for a while or somethin and is nervous to call you! he will do it!

Ruth said...

I think of you often and wonder how you are. Life will come together for you. I have faith in this.

Melissa Rees said...

Yay for you for not caring if men call! It sounds like he had a good time so that should be all that matters (but hopefully he calls!)

Peggy Sue said...

You are beautiful, gorgeous, amazing, wonderful, funny, witty and CUTE! Don't fret, Love. It took me TWO failed marriages before I found my true love. Now Jim and I are getting ready to celebrate 14 years! I can't believe it... God will bring you the right man at the right time and it will be magical. (And I agree. Don't call. Make him come to you. If he's worthy of you, he will work to make you his. :-)
Love you!

The Obergs said...

yeah, he definitely needs to call you, especially since he's from that era where chivalry is alive and kicking (p.s. You are NOT old OR middle-aged)

I'm excited to hear the outcome of this.

Jo's Crazy Adventures said...

Mary Ann! Im so happy right now! Sorry it has taken me a while to get on the internet and read this! You are amazing and Im so happy you had fun!!! I love you and miss you!!!

Lizi Bates said...

Haha I love that you took a pic of the back of him in church! Keep doing stuff like that and you'll be fine :) That's awesome you had fun and I think your attitude is perfect. Enjoy conference today!

cheeks said...

oh, ps....i LOVE that he drives a Jeep! I might be a little biased.... i think that definitely takes at least 12 years off a persons age :)

Bren and Jen said...

I agree he should call you. I am glad that you are just having fun and seeing what is out there. It sounds like it was a great night. You are wonderful and you better not ever forget it.

vicki said...

I am peeing my pants that you took a pic of the back of his head at church! I think you are super cute too and I don't know what the deal is either. I am sure the perfect man will show up soon. You are such a catch! He will be one lucky dude once you find him.

Angie said...

Good for you! Good FOR you! Nicely played, friend! :-D