Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bring On The Pumpkin

I think I have mentioned that I have been emotionally eating since January. My heart has been broken several times. I have lost a job I have had for a decade and a dream truck. Needless to say I am a fatty.
For a month I have been eating better and exercising. It stinks and is hard. I have bad habits and new ones are difficult. I have only lost 5 little pounds. I am discouraged. As I do I turned to food.

I decided to try these pumpkin pancakes. I am so happy that the pumpkin shortage is over and I am able to purchase the squash and enjoy. So here are pics of the pancake. I have to admit it was different than expected. Tasty and a nice break from oatmeal. but not as satisfying as I wanted it to be. Anyway, it was a good attempt at something new and I am tickled to try more pumpkin recipes as the fall progresses. Please feel free to leave your fav pumpkin item.

5 comments:

The Obergs said...

those pancakes look delicious. I love anything pumpkin too.

I will totally testify that exercising and eating good is so sucky, but it is worth it for me when I feel healthy and in-shape.

Also, you need to indulge a little, otherwise you totally binge and fall of the horse. Don't worry about how fast it goes, just be proud that you've lost 5 pounds (pick up 5 pounds of sugar and you'll realize how much it really is!) and remember that every day is a new one to start fresh.

Angie said...

I totally agree with Crystal! Also, I want you to quit referring to yourself as a fatty. You are lovely and charming and weight has nothing to do with your worth as a person.

Healthy lifestyles are a positive thing, but scales are of the devil. If you occasionally splurge on a piece of deliciousness, so be it! Focus on how you feel, not what a stupid piece of metal says.

cheeks said...

i will just say ditto to crystal and angie's comments! :)

ugh, and roll my eyes at teenagers sense of style these days! i totally agree about modesty! i'm in YW in my ward....let's just say every week should be a lesson on what is not appropriate to wear to mutual...or sunday worship! it's sad....13 yr olds showing cleavage (i didn't even have any at that age) and wearing skimpy prom dresses. PLUS, parents allowing their 14 yr old daughters to go to homecoming in the first place (what happened to dating at 16?), let alone being ok with them walking out the door in a skimpy spaghetti strap dress that barely reaches mid-thigh?!?! i'm sure the boys are a little embarrassed to take them, plus the girls have NO IDEA what those boys thoughts are all night. it's sad!

wow....off my soapbox! sorry!

just remember...modest is hottest :) and guys young and old totally appreciate it!

Ruth said...

will you post the recipe for the pancakes? My kids would love it!

vicki said...

Looks delish! My favorite pumpkin item is, of course, pumpkin pie and I adore pumpkin bread.