Sunday, October 17, 2010

Yarn, Hooks, Needles and Slippers

Two weeks ago was General Conference. I walked down to Jo Ann Fabric near my house and purchased yarn. My initial intention was to make dishcloths for Christmas gifts. While I was there I found a cute pattern for a bag. My little sis just moved to Delaware to nanny and lives on the coast and needed a seashell bag. So I made that during Conference.

I caught the bug to crochet some more.

I am not very experienced. Monday I went to get more yarn and found a book with patterns for crocheting dishcloths. I made all four this week. I had to unravel this one several times and call my mother twice before I got it right.

Yesterday I was at Fred Myer and looking at their yarn I noticed a book with 16 knitted dishcloths. I totally got it. I will start soon. I need a smaller set of needles. I know how to knit only. No other stitches. So this will be my new challenge. I have not really crocheted either but I know the basics and as able to figure out these dishcloths. So I have faith I can figure out the knitting ones. And as back-up You Tube has some great instructional videos. How great!
I feel like such an old maid sitting with my slippers on and yarn ball out. But hey it is kind of fun.
Ruth you asked for the pumpkin pancake recipe....here is the link
PS I will take some orders if you want some grandma dishcloths ha ha ha but serious. what am I going to do with all these?

9 comments:

Angie said...

You're so multi-talented! I LOVE everything you have ever made for me! Thanks again for sharing your mad skills! :-)

Lizi Bates said...

In Albanian they would say 'te lumshin duart' or 'bless your hands' I'm so impressed with any crocheting/knitting/sewing projects anyone does b/c I know how much i struggle with it.

Ruth said...

I would love to have seashell bag. How do I get signed up for that?

vicki said...

Wow! Great work!

cheeks said...

don't call yourself an old-maid.....i loved crocheting in SEVENTH grade! Sadly, i have lost the talent. Way to go You for just grabbing books and figuring it out! That's awesome! Your sis is lucky to have a seashell bag....what a great gift! If you start mass-producing dishcloths they would make great neighbor/co-worker gifts for the holidays! come up with a cutsie saying to go along with it and walah!

The Obergs said...

these are awesome. I'm so impressed with your ability to teach yourself how to do something crafty.

Bren and Jen said...

I love crocheting! We can be old together when you come out. I have been making scarfs, well one so far. I can't wait till you come and we can see Harry Potter! Miss you

Jo's Crazy Adventures said...

my seashell bag is the coolest thing i have ever owned! it is amazing and i love the colors!!

Maria said...

I'm jealous of your mad skills. And I'm sorry that Mr. Blind Date hasn't called. What a dork.