Saturday, January 22, 2011

Geese, Chocolate and Happiness

Check out my happy geese! The plentiful rains Portland has been experiencing has created happy spots near my house for these melodious birds. I love them!
Last night was a perfect night. It started out at noon with Natalie Carrigan (from hygiene school-she lives in Salem OR 45 min south of me) came and we went to the temple. We both had a lovely lovely session. I love the peace and calm entering the temple gives me. Taking time out of the world and letting my worries go is so therapeutic.
After the temple, Natalie and I had a few minutes to chat and catch up on each others lives. We then made our way downtown and met Betsy (my front-office---she is amazing and fun and wonderful) for happy hour. We ordered tons of apps. Edemame, spicy spinach dip, fried mac n cheese, nachos, blah blah blah. We had to add a base for our pending chocolate sugar overload. So there was this moment when Lifehouse was on the radio, Utah Jazz on the big screen, had happy flavors in my mouth and Betsy, Natalie and I were having the best conversations. I paused and thanked Heavenly Father for carrying me through last year so that I could enjoy this moment. It was perfect.

Then we made it to Chocolatfest ! This was the second year I attended this event and it did not disappoint. In fact this year was better. The C-fest has grown in vendor participation and attendance so a larger venue was needed. It was perfect last night. It was still crowded yet booths were accessible. It was delightful. I ate more chocolate than I could and bought less than I wanted.
Some of my favorites were:
1. Coconut curry: It was like eating curry with coconut milk and chocolate
2. fig fennel and almond: Licroicey and fruity
3. red velvet cake with amazing butter cream icing
4. mint peppermint patties
5. dark choc with ginger---I loved this one
6. toffee
7. caramel corn. . . .chocolate covered
8. caramels
9. icings
10. fudge sauces
11. root beer fudge-it was bubbly and just fun! and the man in the booth was flirtingly cute
12. cayenne pepper fudge yes the cute man let us try soooo many flavors of fudge
13. fudge with gold flakes--I ate gold!!!1
14. freshly dipped cinnamon bears
15. gluten free brownies---really really good gluten free tends to be a bit nasty but these were so good
16. sipping chocolate--so much richer and creamier than hot chocolate and more flavorful
17. and much much much much much much much more!

I made a couple purchases. I tried some chocolate lip balm. Natalie tried and purchased a chocolate mask facial powder. I fell in love with the mint chocolate lotion. And my favorite from last year. . . Seely Family Farms and their peppermint cocoa butter soaps. I am so happy.
I am meeting Todd (see previous post) today at a park to take advantage of the clear skies and warm temps.
It will be a great day.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening!

The Obergs said...

ok, seriously, this sounds heavenly! Nothing is more fun than going to a restaurant and ordering appetizers and it really doesn't get better than a chocolate fest. I NEED to go to one. I'll have to find out when the one in Utah is going down, I have got to try the sipping chocolate.

Glad you had a wonderful day.

Lori England said...

I am glad that you had a great time! Life sure owes it to you. So you are giving Todd a chance? I hope you have a fun day at the park. Love Ya!

cheeks said...

wow, you really can't do that to a pregnant girl at 11 pm!!! :) The choc fest sounds heavenly! so, i'm curious about gold flakes in the fudge! really?!?!? and i LOVE chocolate dipped cinnamon bears. oh my mouth is watering! what a perfect day! I'm glad you had such great company as well...i didn't know natalie was in OR.

I hope you had a great afternoon with todd :)

Jo's Crazy Adventures said...

Im so happy that you had some happy great moments! geese,Temple, happy hour/great food, Jazz, lifehouse, chocolate, friends, dates. Life is made up of some great stuff and you experienced them in such a short time! Im a little jealous.. love you my sister!! hope that the happy moments continue!!

Chelseys Blog said...

Ok so I want some Choc. lotion. So fun! So glad you have great friends there and that you could go to the temple. Sounds perfect:)