Friday, January 28, 2011

Purging

Last night was my co-worker Betsy's birthday. Kym and Betsy got all dressed up. I did not because I have lost any sense of style I ever had. Luckily Betsy curled my hair. Anyway we were looking great and hit the town. Portland has a pretty awesome place on the 30th floor of a building. Portland City Grill is a popular place for a nice business dinner or romantic night or place to meet business class men. does that make sense? It was a beautiful view of the city.

The Willamette River and the many bridges Portland had.
Betsy and Kym have been online dating like crazy. I do a little. They get many emails and many IM offers. And while several are totally inappropriate some are pretty descent. The two of them invited several men to meet us for drinks. I was totally intrigued to see who would show up. Two men showed up. That was it. I was surprised. Betsy is small, blond, gorgeous and Kym is small, dark hair and very flirty. I truly thought they would attract more men.
We get our tab and the food total was $40 and the drink total was $160. I only drank water and ate a minimal amount of food. One of the men told me I owed $20 and I got all irritated. He came half way through the night and bought Betsy a drink and he had a few and he ate more than me. He pitches in $30 which barely covered his drinks. I tried to be gracious and just put the money in but it is still bugging me that I let a man tell me what to do. There is no way I owed $20 on this tab. There was 7 of us who ate so truly I owed $6 or maybe $12 if I paid for the bday girl. I am having issues with men making me do stuff. It is really irritating to me. Why do men do this to me? Why do I allow it. I am not a stingy person. I am not mad I spent $20. I am mad I did not stand up for myself. I am mad I let this man tell me what to do. I hate this so bad I don't ever want to go out again. Not good. I need to be out and happy and experiencing life but I am still hanging on tho this icky feeling 12 hours later. I need to let it go. I chose to be silent and do what I was told. It is my responsibility to be happy and let this go. I think writing this out has helped purge it from my heart and now I can let go and just remember I had a fun night in a new place with a great view!

4 comments:

cheeks said...

i agree....don't let it bother you any longer. those guys are lame and not worth time spent being bugged about them! isn't it crazy how much alcohol tabs add up to? i couldn't afford to "drink socially" even if i wanted to! haha!

The view from that place is amazing! i love all the bridges!

Ruth said...

You are right about it letting go. I am working on this too.

The Obergs said...

But to be honest, I would be so bugged too. Not so much with men telling you what to do... but people be so cheap. I really, REALLY hate when people are cheap and don't own up to what should be their portion of something.

Maria said...

Ah, I went on a blind date like that once. It was supremely awkward. Some men are just idiots, and by some I mean most.