Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Magic Shoes

Have you ever had a pair of shoes you loved dearly? Have you ever had a pair of shoes that you fell in love with the second your toes flexed and heels boucned? Did you every think you ran faster when you had a new pair of shoes? Have you ever known the magic of a pair of shoes?


These are my magic shoes. I call them that because they are the first pair of shoes I spend over $60 for. I bought them shortly after graduating from dental hygiene school. I was wearing crocs at work-changing my shoes at work like a good hygienist. I developed plantar faciitis in my left ankle. It was quite painful. I did not know what was going on. Then one of my patients was suffering from this as well. She told me what her symptoms were and her treatment. I self diagnosed myself and bought these Ascis shoes when visiting my dear friend Andrea. They saved my foot! Slowly with stretches and wearing these shoes I corrected the damage I had done to my tendons.


Not only did these magic shoes heal me but they took me on many adventures! I hiked Yellowstone and the Tetons with my wonderful siblings, I hiked Kolob, Zions, and Bryce. I walked around my favorite spot on earth (that I have seen so far) Cedar Breaks. I walked with the spectacular Lewis girls all around Three Peaks. Camped at Panguitch Lake, saw many many many firework shows and walked many Sundays to Sally Melling's house for dinner. These tired, broken down, holes for my pinky toe shoes have been through so many good times and so many wonderful places and talked with so many people. They are purely magic shoes.

Introducing the new magic shoes. I have high hopes for these new shiny white shoes. They have a good start. They are a magical birthday gift from David to me. It was quite painful allowing him to purchase the shoes. I almost vomited the delicious dinner from Famous Daves that he had just taken me to. I did not make a scene in the store but really wanted him to take them back after we left. I am not accustomed being spoiled.
I kind of like it-yet still not comfortable with it.
The girls at work think it is about time I was treated like this. They also think David needs to buy me a right hand ring and other extravagant gifts.
For me, I look forward to the magic these new shoes will give me!

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Awesome shoes!!!!

Melissa Rees said...

New balance is the best brand! That's what i run in. David is a sweetheart for buying them for you!

cheeks said...

awesome!!!!! i love that he treats you so well! they are so shiny and WHITE!! i always hate when i get that first dark spot on new shoes!

i have a pair of flip flops i got the summer before hygiene started...they too are magic :) pretty soon my toes will be touching pavement...and i don't quite know what i'll do without them! i hope you have a fabulous bday weekend w/ your fam!!

Chelseys Blog said...

Yeah! Hope you have MANY more wonderful adventures and make many memories with these bad puppies.... and with Dave:)

The Obergs said...

I'm sure you're going to love them, but I'm the same as you... hate changing something that has worked for me. I bought new running shoes at christmas and I still don't like them as much as my shoes from the year before. Good luck!

Lori England said...

My right foot is hurting again after the no name brand from Burlington coat factory got holes in the toes. What kind of shoes were they?