Tuesday, April 26, 2011

UTAH

This story is going to be told in phases. Today it starts with COTTON CANDY. My mother loves cotton candy. As part of the Easter/anniversary celebration Quality Thriftway (where I worked as a teen) sells hot dogs, ice cream cones, cotton candy etc. I stood in line for 2 pink cotton candies. David stood in line for 2 blue ones. My sister stood in line with her children. My mom quickly devoured her puffy fresh spun sugar!

My niece loved the blue. It did have great dying capabilities.

My mother pointing to her blue blue blue mouth. About 5 hours after purchasing said cotton candy she found a bag with one in it. She quietly asked if it was anyone's and proceeded to devour it. It cracked me up how such a simple thing as sugar made her so happy!

This is Lori and Jo Ann-my sisters and Ty my nephew coloring eggs. We had so many. It was a blast.

Shay-my niece was all into this party!

These blessed eggs were carefully colored and stickered and hid and found and hid and found and cracked and hid and found and hid and found.

We decorated sugar cookies. Shay had every single topping on her cookie! It was an engineering feat!

Ty was simply yet lovely

My dear friend Andrea came to play with us! She is like another sister

Shay was speedy and made another cookie--note my mother showing David pics of me. . .

Daniel-my brother and his egg
My family was so fun and very wonderful. I had a great time and I know y'all are not into seeing every person and every sugar cookie but I had to share them. They are my most precious thing. I am so glad I have them. And I love that we have simple fun. Hiding eggs, eating sugar. It is the best!

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Yay for coming home!!!!!

cheeks said...

i'm so glad you got to go home for your bday weekend...and how awesome that it fell over Easter Sunday so you could share in all the family festivities!!

your mom is so cute! i love her passion for cotton candy! haha! almost as much as i loved the pics of her making snow angels with you!! i had no idea David was going home with you! I'm excited for all the "phases" of your utah trip....and EVERY picture! i love pics!!!

ps...so i saw some geese and babies yesterday! i sent them via picture text to an old cell number i had for you yesterday! haha! i'm assuming it's a bad #, but i thought i'd give it a try. They made me think of you! if you send me your cell # i'll forward the pic again :)

Lizi Bates said...

That IS the best! Simple pleasures :) So happy you could spend Easter with your lovely family!

*Jo* said...

note: there are no pictures of jo and her cookie:)

Angie said...

I heart your family! And yes, Andrea is family, too! :-D