Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mother Henning

Shay is like a mother hen to AJ. She is such a helper
Of course my mother is a mother hen!

And this goose is also a mother who is trying to heard her babies.

I hit the jackpot today. I left work after 3 hours. It was 9:30 am and I was walking home feeling like a whiny baby since I opted to get a temp and have my shift covered. I also gave my Friday shift up. I am sad. I hate being sick. I hate not fulfilling my job. I hate spreading strep. I hate doing a half hearted job.

As I was walking home it was so nice. The sun was out and the geese let me get so close. It made me smile. One good thing from feeling so horrible.

I also saw baby ducks. The ducks were far away. I hope you can see how sweet and cute they are.

I have needed some mother henning this week. I ache and hurt and cannot get my fever down. My dr was concerned also. I got a good lidocaine mouthwash and some antibiotics and she offered pain pills but I do not want narcotics. I cannot wait to feel better. I am sick of drooling because I don't want to swallow my own saliva. I want to quit being a baby.
David did take me to Alberstons to pick up my meds and get a few-ok a lot of liquid type stuff. Yogurt, ice cream, chocolate milk, Gatorade. Now I am all ready to get better!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

He is a good guy! I hope you feel better. It SUCKS being sick.

cheeks said...

i was wondering if david was filling in as "mother hen" for you. there's nothing worse than being sick without your mom there to comfort you. i really hope this weekend you will kick it! don't feel bad about work...all your pt's will be glad you didn't spread the love :) such cute goslings and ducklings! thanks for the text :)

Maria said...

I hope you get feeling better! I love your new shoes; they look so shiny and white. I'm also glad you had fun in UT with your family. I love that you are able to come home so often and visit. You should let Dave spoil you more often because you deserve it!!