Monday, May 02, 2011

Good Times

This tale begins with my vastly improved state of health. I was honest to goodness SICK. I love the sick because it reminds me how lucky and happy I am to be healthy more often than not.

David brought me these roses Thursday when he picked me up to take me to the pharmacy. They have bloomed and add such great color and fragrance to my apartment. I am glad to have them.

I want to reminisce about my birthday. I had a wonderful birthday in Utah with my family. Prior to leaving for the airport Todd stopped by my office to deliver cards. He had previously arranged to take me to lunch earlier in the week for my birthday and still brought a card. This was it. I laughed and laughed. I cannot remember if Todd knows my family nickname of Wonder Ann. But this card started off my birthday celebrations.
I get to Delta and it was just like coming home. My heart calms and my spirits rise and my lungs drink in the air.
Every Easter weekend the local grocery store in Delta has a celebration. As per previous post there is hot dogs and cotton candy and ice cream cones and balloons etc. Even with the rise in costs of the hot dogs from $0.10 to  $0.25 my family managed to down 32. Nicely done family! I managed to have zero. My mom made a pot of chili and the dogs went well with that over the whole weekend.

Later that night David and I, Andrea and Jo Ann, Brent and Jenni were playing a pretty normal game of Canasta. We were at the end of a hand and not much was happening but the pile had a lot of really good stuff in it and we all wanted it but doubted we would get it before someone went out. Jenni kindly laid down a 6 knowing I had laid down 6s and the probability of having them in my hand to pick up the pile was low. But I had 2 cards only. 2-6s. It was a miracle. A birthday miracle. David and I got 3640 points in that one hand. 3000 more than our competitors. It was a wonderful game. It was a wonderful birthday present.

David and I stopped by Temple Square for a little walk before going to the airport. 

It was a beautiful day and the flowers were so pretty. Walking around there and seeing the square it has helped me to realize I want the Priesthood in my home. I have been single a long time and without it in my home on a daily basis. I have access to home teachers and friends etc so I have had what I need but this past week when I was so sick in the night I did not feel like calling someone. I just wanted it there in my house. For whatever reason I did not pick the right path. I chose the path I am on long ago and I must deal with it. It is hard. I think all paths are hard. I just know that I would like to try to get back on the path that will lead to having the priesthood in my home. I realize it is a bleak trail at best but I have to try.
So here I sit on this rainy Portland day and wonder what my next adventure will be. . .

5 comments:

Ruth said...

I have faith in your ability to find what you are looking for!

Melissa Rees said...

So glad your visit was good! Having the Priesthood in your home is definitely a blessing! The comfort you will have is second to none.

cheeks said...

you look so pretty in that pic w/ the gorgeous temple flowers!! your weekend sounds so awesome....OKAY....my family are HUUUUGE CANASTA players!!!! I love that game! We used to stay up till 4 and 5 am at my grandparents house playing that game! i can't believe you had 2-6's! that WAS a birthday miracle!! haha! do you guys end your games at 10,000 points? Do you increase your points that you have to lay down with depending on what your score is? oh...that makes me a little homesick! :)

I agree with melissa and ruth's comments about the priesthood. i know you can find that blessing! sadly, in my family home....with a DAD and FOUR brothers, it was pretty much without the priesthood :( i was glad when i went to college and i could count on my cousin nearby to call if i ever needed to. You will be blessed for your efforts to find that guy :)

The Obergs said...

oh your post is like a breath of fresh air. I can FEEL your spirits rising. Your health, your birthday, the beautiful weather.... ahhh, it sounds lovely.

I love your family. They remind me of my own, always playing games, eating good food, and enjoying time together.

I'm so glad you were able to make it home for your birthday.

And p.s. I enjoyed Poncho and Lefty's doubly for you. hahah, I could have easily enjoyed it enough for 100 people! IT WAS FANTASTIC!

*Jo* said...

I hope you know that I love you and that you are kinda my hero:)...ok, ok, a little more than kinda! bahahahaha!! im listening to my musics and hero/heroine from boys like girls came on seconds ago:)!!!!