Saturday, May 14, 2011

#7

This is a continuation of the last post. I wanted to dedicate a whole post to patient #7.
She is a pharmacy technician at Albertsons hence why she came at lunch time so we could have lunch together downtown. She chose banh mi sandwiches.
Portland has a large food cart community. My favorite food cart has the banh mi sandwiches. They are the best!!! They are a wonderful flavorful vietnamese sandwich. . . check out this website. . . Banh Mi
Huongs is the food cart. He is a great old man who sells these completely loaded sandwiches for a mere $3.50. I have had bahn mi at two other places in the Portland area and they were lacking. The meat was not as flavorful and they skipped on the veggies. I mean come on I love the pickled carrots and radishes and cucumbers and tomatoes and cilantro and peppers!!!! The veggies make this sandwich amazing! The bread is crusty and wonderful. The pork is grilled and seasoned with such great spices that compliment the sour veggies. The cool cucumber cools off the fiery sauce. It is a wonderful sandwich. I like to pour a little nuoc mam (a wonderful fish sauce-not fishy but sweet and spicy) on my sandwich and dig in! It is a happy happy meal!!!

2 comments:

The Obergs said...

I love the relationships you have with your patient. You would definitely be a hygienist I would drive for too.

and P.S. That sandwich looks incredible- I had no idea that vietnamese has sandwiches like that. One day I hope I get a chance to try one.

Melissa Rees said...

Love the good patients!! I still think about some of them! Just watched an episode of Curious George (okay Deacon did and I was in the room) and it was about Vietnamese food! Weird names but yummy looking!