Monday, October 03, 2011

Columbia Gorge and Oregon Coast

After our great day of eating Scott and I went through the Columbia River Gorge.

This is the view of Washington from the Vista House. It was a cloudy yet dry day.

Scott and I went on a small hike to Bridal Veil Falls. We had to stop to observe and help this large banana slug. 
The trees are very large and old in Oregon

I have lived in Oregon for 3 years and I guess that makes me a tree hugger. . . 

Scott was such a champ going with me to all the great waterfalls and looking at leaves and nature. He even took this pic of us at the waterfall.

I had to catch Scott coming out of the bathroom ha ha ha

So he caught me. yikes!

Monday we went to Astoria, Oregon. Home of the Goonies movie set.
Here is the house. . . We also saw the football field. It was pretty cool.

This is the amazing bridge spanning the Columbia River and joining Oregon to Wahsington. This is also where the river meets the ocean. 

This is the Astoria column. It was decorated with great drawings and was a beautiful tall column. As you can tell it was cloudy, rainy, windy, and cold.


The view from the ground up into the column-164 stairs. I was huffing and had to stop frequently.

It was so worth it once we got to the top. The wind was so strong and cold up there were instantly had rosey cheeks and my hair was out of control! There were gusts that took my breath away. The view was beautiful and worth climbing up.

A close up of the column. It was so much more impressive in person!

We drove down Highway 101 to the town of Cannon Beach so we could take pictures of Haystack rock-the rocks in the Goonies movie.

We stopped at Doogers for lunch.My sister Lori had send me a letter with $ in it for Scott and I to have a romantic day at the beach. The day we were able to go was cold and rainy and windy. So we did not get to stroll on the beach hand-in-hand but we did have a great lunch full of sea food-halibut, cod, salmon, calamari, oysters. It started off with amazing clam chowder. I even liked it-which I usually dont. I had yummy clam strips. It was a wonderful lunch-thank you Lori

The sea was choppy and frothy! Scott pulled over to let me take a picture. He pulled so close to the cliff I panicked. It was so scared. We were in a rental car (Toyota Prius) and I swear my tire was inches away from the cliff. Scott says we were feet away from the edge. My heart did not believe him and pounded away. I took the picture with the electric/telephone wire in the way because I was too worried about dying in the rain!
We  had a great 2 days in the Gorge and the Coast! I am so blessed Scott is in my life!


2 comments:

Lori England said...

Love it!

Bren and Jen said...

I love it too! You have an amazing sister, how thoughtful is she?! I'm glad you guys had a great time. I am very jealous about goonies! Once I get my butt back to work and make some money we can come and see your wonderful life! Scott is such a sweetie, I love how he treats you.