Thursday, October 13, 2011

Epiphany


I had closure this weekend. Dan showed up. We talked. I moved on.

I immediately noticed a change in myself. I was happier, lighter, and freer than I had been in a long time. Today the thing that made me happiest was sitting in Jimmy Johns on my lunch break and hearing an old Green Day song on the radio. While an old song is nothing to write about, the soul soothing, toe tingling, heart leaping, finger tapping, lip moving is. It has been quite a long time since music touched me like that. I have ached for it and tried to recapture it, and today I caught it! I am so thrilled.

As a tribute to my 'apostrophe' I would like to dedicate this song . . . . I still cannot listen to it without crying. It truly is me singing about Dan.




3 comments:

Lori England said...

I am so happy for you that you love music again! Love the song!

Ruth said...

Closer is a wonderful thing. I am sorry I have upset you. I told you I suck at being a friend. I hope only good things for you.

Melissa Rees said...

Ahhh I'm so behind!! So happy for you that you feel better about Dan. Scott seems amazing! I'm so jealous you got to do oral surgery! You rock. And I'm pouting that I didn't get to see you..*sniff*