Monday, February 13, 2012

Last Meals

My last dinner in Portland was seafood. Scott took Jo and I to McGrath's Fish House. We had wonderful fish choices. To close it all was marion berry cobler. This berry screams Oregon and it was wonderful to close my last dinner with. 
My last meal ever in Portland was at Black Bear Diner. It is my favorite diner not just because it is dedicated to the black bear that I love, but the food is simply wonderful!

Biscuits and gravy of Scott's

My corned beef omelet 

Jo Ann Blueberry sweet cream pancakes!
The meal was perfect. We finished with the last minute things in the apartment and had the check out and finally we departed. We were driving along and stopped 3 hours in to verify shifting and to get snacks. 

Scott was a bit congested with his gummy worms--

The moon was one night away from full. It was starting to rise as we were entering Idaho. It was such a long drive. We went straight through.
Overall I was so glad Scott and Jo Ann were there to help me leave the life I had. It was hard even though I knew it was time.
At hour 16 of sitting in the truck I was pretty loopy. I had snoozed a bit but was exhausted. Scott was a trooper and drove the entire way! I started laughing and crying. It was too emotional. 
I ended up singing a song called U-Haul truck. Imagine the tune of Toby Keith's song Red Solo Cup---
Oh U-Haul Truck I fill you up!
Lets have a party
Proceed to party
Oh U-Haul Truck I hate your guts!
I want to tip you.
Regardless it was a pretty brutal time there at the end. But we made it safe and sound and ZERO breaks or shifting. Scott packed pretty expertly! Tetris does come in handy!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

They went to the Black Bear Diner on Diners Drive Ins and Dives. One of Dave's favorite shows. One of those, I do not pay much attention to, but remember some of what is on it. I am grateful for your friendship.

Lori England said...

Your breakfast looked great!

cheeks said...

Oh my heck that is one loooooong drive straight thru....and in a UHAUL?! Even longer! props to scott for the driving and expert packing! I love the pic of you and him at the beach...and so cool that he proposed there! Were you expecting it? You seem happy....but you gotta get some internet goin to share more details! I've been checking like crazy for some sign of life! haha! I think we should all (rdh) do lunch thursday??? Anyone else in?!

cheeks said...

PS...your sister rocks! How great to have a packing/cleaning helper. Moving is just stressful and not fun till after you get to where you're going!