Monday, February 13, 2012

Last Week in Portland

I have moved to Vernal, Utah. I have not had internet service for a week. I was able to pirate a neighbors signal for limited online access but it was not fast or strong enough to load pictures. Therefore I have many pictures to upload and write about the last few weeks of my wonderful life. I cherish the memories I made!

To begin my sister Jo Ann came up to help me pack. She arrived on Jan 31. My last day of work was Feb 2 and while I was at work Jo packed up my kitchen and cleaned and did all sorts of annoying tasks for me. She rode the max light rail all by herself and met me for lunch. It was so fun having her with me during this time of need. I really and truly appreciate her. I know I was snippy to her and bossy and plain horrible, but I did try to be nice and have fun and be strong while I said goodbye to Portland and my job and close that chapter.

Jo Ann wanted to go to the Portland Art Museum. We went and enjoyed all the things an art museum has to offer. Sometimes I think art is lost on me. I dont always appreciate it. I did love the Native American exhibits they had depicting each region and the artifacts from each one. I really liked this bear, bird, seal, hawk, mask winged wood sculpture. 
After we were done and lost in the museum we decided we were hungry and walked down to Little Big Burger. 
Home of the little yet big burger.

The portion of fries is larger than this little burger nugget! It is so delicious though. The fresh potatoes are fried in truffle oil and give it an amazing crunch and flavor.  A definite must try!

On Friday Feb 3 Jo and I went down the Historic Hwy and visited the waterfalls. We ended up at Cascade Locks and splurged on some of the best soft serve ice cream while we drove over The Bridge of the Gods.

Saturday Feb 4 Jo and I went to the coast. We went to Depoe Bay. It was pretty fun. I had never been that far south and it was such a beautiful day. We tried to spot some whales but we missed them.


This tree was hanging out mid ocean-the tide is going out.
Jo and I had a wonderful meal of seafood. The view was superb. We started our fast after this. Scott reminded me that it was Fast Sunday. I was floored that he suggested and urged me to fast. I am so glad we did. It was a wonderful weekend.  

Scott and Jo and I went to Tillamook and Oceanside one last time on Sunday Feb 5 (yes super bowl sunday). Scott arrived at Portland airport at 10:45 am and we picked up U-Haul and took rental car and went for the coast. I love the ocean and I love that Scott proposed shortly after this picture! It was completely perfect for me and I loved it. I cherish the memory of Scott getting down on one knee and asking me to marry him! I am very blessed and happy to have Scott in my life.

1 comment:

Lori England said...

What a perfect place to ask for your hand.