Sunday, February 26, 2012

Too Pre-Occupied to take Pictures

I am sitting in a living room with no carpet, boxes with odds and ends, paint chips taped to the wall, my hair is curled, make-up on and I am still in my pajamas. I have been experiencing a sore throat for the last 3 days. I keep looking down my throat with a flashlight and not seeing anything bacterial I have just been drinking more water and going about life. Last night I lost my voice. I hate that. I feel fine but sound horrible. My mom called me prior to my horrid 1 pm church time and was upset by how sick I sounded. I am laughing because I feel better than before and I am almost old enough to have a grandchild and my mom is still worried about me; and I am laughing because it was almost noon and I had not spoken all day and did not know how bad my voice was.  Scott left at 4:40 am for work and I have not spoken since.

Well I opted to stay home from church. I am sure I have some viral thing that is normal to Vernal-ites and since I am new my immunity is not up to par for these small town bugs. I predict I will be fine and survive this with no problems or complications!

I was reflecting on the 3 weeks I have been here and I realized how easy it is to be with Scott. Time has gone by so fast. I went to a dental conference for the necessary continuing education (ce) credits I need for my license. I have also taken 10 hours worth of ce online for pharmacy technician license. Between my two licenses and two states I have had to keep a lot of ce credits. I have to get 10 more pharmacy ce hours done before March 31 and 3.5 more dental ce hours by May. This has taken me a lot of time.

I also enjoyed a day at the Manti temple because my sister Jo Ann took out her endowments. It was wonderful to be with my siblings, and other family! I am so grateful for my chance to attend the LDS temples! They give me such perspective, blessings, and peace.

Today is Scott's birthday. He had to work-hence my vow of silence, so we celebrated yesterday. Scott wanted a new pair of cowboy boots. I looked at his old pair which have a hole worn in the ball of the foot and the size was worn off. I am not new to living around cowboy boots but have never ever bought them, worn them or looked at them. I was overwhelmed by the variety, sole traction, length, square toe, pointed toe, two-toned, stitching, brands, and more and more and more. I guessed and was 1/2 size off. Scott returned them for a pair he liked better. I also got him some FR (fire resistant) jeans. I have never spent over $60 for a pair of pants and here I am buying multiple pairs of $70+ jeans. Good for OSHA requiring FR clothing. Scott and I spend the day cooking a wonderful lasagna and a boston cream pie from scratch. It was so extremely fun cooking with Scott. He was stirring the custard for the pie/cake and it went from liquid to solid in 1 second. It freaked us out. He kept whisking and it smoothed out like a crazy miracle! We ate the lasagna for dinner and taking the cake over to Scott's mom's house tonight for dinner. The lasagna was a vegan recipe. Scott does not like cheese but loves cheese-less lasagna. the sauce was rich and flavorful. We substituted beef and sausage for tofu and made the vegan dish a wonderful carnivorous meal! I cannot wait to dig into the boston cream pie! I predict it will rock because we licked the bowls!

Later last night we busted out the sipping chocolate I got from the chocolatefest. We made it and quickly realized we made too much. It is so thick and rich that a sacrament cup is enough!

I am very lucky to be able to enjoy sipping chocolate, cooking wonderful food, utah drivers license gettin, window shopping, boot buying, sun shine enjoying, sore throat fighting, church sluffing, blog writing week!

7 comments:

Aimee said...

I'm sorry you're sick! Hope you get your voice back soon!

You seem very happy! I'm so glad! I have a feeling this is going to be an exciting chapter of your life! Yay!

Lori England said...

So happy that you two are enjoying each other! I wish you the best as you learn to live with each other and as you paint and someday pick out carpet.

Ruth said...

So proud of you and your decisions! :) Some day, I hope to have what you and Scott do.

cheeks said...

What a fun time....other than the sore throat issue! Sounds like you're enjoying eachother. Deservedly so!! Get well soon!

cheeks said...

PS....you're brave for picking out boots! haha! Sounds very overwhelming!

missandreajune said...

Love you so much girl. Glad to use my little bit of insomnia to catch up here. BTW, Mom is flying out Tuesday to stay with me for two months. Yeah for interventions. ;) Love you so much!

Melissa Rees said...

So glad you are happy! Now I want some chocolate...