Saturday, March 10, 2012

Never Ending

In January I decided to marry Scott on Feb 29. Leap Day! What a great day to be married. Well as you know that plan was vetoed. What was not vetoed was the honeymoon! 
Original plan was to relax on Feb 29, but due to weather Scott offered to leave a day early so I could go see my family in Delta in safety. I was so touched that he volunteered to give up his day of relaxation to drive to beat the snow. 
I was glad we did. Just as we got checked into our hotel in Springville it started snowing. We window shopped for bathroom cabinets and wedding bands. We did not find any bathroom cabinets but I did find a wedding band I really liked. We walked away from it since we did not have the cash to pay for it outright. It was very hard to walk away-harder for Scott to walk away from something I wanted.
We woke early the next day and ventured to Delta. The roads were not very good but we made it thanks to Scott's wonderful driving skills!
I was so thrilled to spend the day with my parents. I have missed them so much. We enjoyed the day and played cards and games and ate wonderful food. We had so much fun with Mom and Dad and Jo Ann. Just as we were leaving my brother Daniel said he would be there in a couple hours with his new fiance, Hilaree. We waited around for them. Three hours later I decide to leave. Scott was willing to stay as long as I wanted. It was getting late and I could hear that hotel room calling HONEYMOON. As we were giving farewell hugs Daniel and Hilaree arrive. I was able to meet her for 5 minutes. She is so cute and I am thrilled my brother is getting married! I felt bad leaving but after getting to Springville and the storm came in I was really glad to be safe and off the road. 
The rest of the weekend we did whatever we wanted. We went sofa window shopping and ended up finding exactly what I wanted. Again I forced us to walk away with out a purchase. it was so hard. We need a sofa and it was such a good price. Scott even said the other day that we should have charged the sofa and love seat and rented a Uhaul and drove it home to Vernal. I dont agree. I would rather not be pressured or in debt for a purchase. It took a lot of restraint but we did it. 
I was able to spend Parade Day (the best day to have a parade is March 4th because we march forth-ha ha) with my dear friend Andrea. It was her birthday and a perfect way to spend a day! 
Scott and I took some time Sunday to drive by the Oquirrh Mountain temple.
We got a shot of the sun behind the temple. It was such a beautiful day

We also drove to the Draper temple and timed it correctly also. The sun was very cooperative! 

I loved driving to the temples. It was a perfect way to end a Sunday and end a honeymoon.
Monday we drove to Vernal and enjoyed the day together. After 6 solid days of spending time with Scott without a break I wanted more. This surprised me. I am and have been alone much of my life. I like my alone time. I dont feel the need for alone time when I am with Scott. This new feeling is shocking and wonderful. I pray the feeling and the honeymoon never end! 

3 comments:

Ruth said...

The pictures of the temple are beautiful! :) I am certain your feelings will not leave!

Lori England said...

I am glad you two are happy!

cheeks said...

what a great trip! it sounds like you found "the one" :) i remember when we first got married i would almost cry when brett left for school in the mornings before me, or had to work weekends. pathetic, i know! great pics of the temples!