Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Order and Sunshine

Have you ever merged two pantries? It is difficult for a woman like me who likes order and rotating food. Scott and I are both food storage believers. While we are not extremest. We do pick up extra cans of tomatoes or stock up during a good case lot sale. I have this cupboard/closet full of odds and end food stuffs. Imagine the chaos of 3 open spilling bags of long grain white rice, 2 open bags of powdered sugar, 3 jars of creamy peanut butter open as well as tubes of crackers. I also had 5 containers of Crystal Light open yet that did not bother me as the 5 containers were different flavors. 
I worked all day organizing and placing the food stuff back in order. The pantry looks like a mess yet I know where everything is now. Until I can work through the open containers and get everything down to just ONE open package I wont be happy. The open peanut butter jars are just begging to be baked into something sinful, while the crackers filled the trash bin I predict that the powdered sugar will be down to one bag soon enough. I cannot wait to have Ziploc bags reduced down to one box per size! As you can tell I dont need to have every box, can and package faced and lined up but I do need to only have one open at a time. I do not like to see food spoiled or wasted due to lack of planning on my part. It is hard merging two pantries.

When I visited Scott during Christmas 2011, he bought a car. The car was for me. He joked that the car was a bribe to get me to move to Vernal and marry him. Not that is not the reason I decided to move and marry Scott; but I do like the car. It is a 2010 Mazda 6. I still remember the night I landed in Utah. I was so excited to see Scott. I was anxiously waiting curbside for Scott to pull up in his Explorer. The traffic was heavy and I was standing trying to hold this spot open for Scott when a Mazda pulled up. I was glaring at the car and chanting in my head, "This spot is not for you Mazda keep drivn" when I looked at the driver it was Scott! I was so thrilled to see him and to see him in a new car! I was so impressed that he picked out the car himself! He is such a wonderful man and I am thankful for his bribes and for the perks he gives me!

I took some silly pics of myself the other day. I got dressed up with contacts, curled hair and make up and cute outfit. I took pics of myself. Later in the afternoon I went outside to stack wood. I took out my contacts, put hair in a pony, got old t-shirt on and took pics of myself. I hate to say I like the scroungy ones better. Maybe I am a small town, low maintenance girl, or maybe I look better plain whatever the reason I am glad for sunny eye squinting days-and a car!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

YAY for a new car! YAY for the new life! YAY for organizing! You would not know it, but I like organization!

cheeks said...

FIRST, I LOVE YOUR CAR! Scott did a great job picking it out! You deserve to be spoiled!

SECOND, I think your concerns with the pantry are normal. Afterall, you are an OCD hygienist, right?!