Thursday, March 15, 2012

Beloved PI day

Yesterday was 3.14 which is pi day in my world. Scott has chuckled at my celebration of such a great day but has played along well. One night I was doing my usual pre-sleep ramble and I said On Wed do you want pie all day long? Scott said umm no we cannot eat pie all day long. I laughed and then explained my brilliant plan-
Breakfast Quiche
Lunch pocket type sandwiches
Dinner Chicken Pot Pie and real pie
Scott laughed and said whatever I wanted we would have.
Well what actually happened was a trip to Salt Lake City to finally get our car remote programmed to our car. While waiting for the car we went to lunch and enjoyed a Chicago Style Pizza Pie.
Scott and I enjoyed the movie John Carter after filling our bellies. After the movie we still had time to burn and we saw a nail salon. We went up to the store and saw it was empty. The worker came out and worked her persuasive skills and got us both to get pedicures!
I was so proud of manly Scott getting a pedicure. It was his first one and the massage chair was his favorite part!  I cannot tell you how much it meant for me that he braved the ingrained gender roles and indulged with me. He is more of a man in my eyes just because he did this girly thing. After our pampering we got our car with working keyless entry and went to have dinner with my friend Andrea and her mother who is visiting from Indiana. It was a wonderful meal!
On our way home to Vernal we stopped by The Hubs cafe in Heber to have some traditional pie.

My coconut cream

Scott and his banana cream. The pie here was home made and wonderful! The bananas were fresh and not brown. It was such a great ending to a wonderful day! Our trip to Salt Lake turned out wonderful. We listened to Hunger Games audio book. Scott is almost ready to watch the movie. He kept affectionately chuckling every time I cried. The book has quite a bit of power. The words, story, and connection of the main character really speak to my soul on many personal levels. 

Scott and I made another stop on our way home last night. While in Salt Lake City we got a text saying our puppy was ready. Scott knows a woman from work who has a schnauzer and a cocker spaniel. Nature took it's course and she was blessed with 3 puppies. She calls them schnockers. Scott has wanted a puppy as long as I have known him. He loves dogs. I am not a dog hater nor am I a dog lover. Scott wanted to get this puppy. I agreed thinking logically this would be ideal time to train a puppy since I am not working and we dont have carpet yet. So here she is cuddled up next to my leg looking so cute.

She is tuckered out after eating a huge breakfast. She and I were watching Looney Tune cartoons and she passed right out. 
She is a sweet dog. I am totally inexperienced with potty training and such so I have been reading online and trying hard to not have an accident inside. She is a cuddler and misses her brothers. I hope she works out and I hope I can open my heart to let her in. She loves Scott so much already, and has been ok with me today. I think she will be a great dog and be a good companion for us. 
I cannot wait to take her camping for Memorial Day!

3 comments:

Melissa Rees said...

Love the dog! We are thinking about getting one. I keep saying no, but then I keep thinking about it!! Gah!!

Lizi Bates said...

I love pi day!! I'm so glad you got to eat pie :) And your schnocker is so cute! What'd you name her? I'm so happy you're loving married life...that's exactly how it should be. When do we get to meet Mr. Scott?

cheeks said...

yay for PI day!! I'm soo soo glad i know about this now! THANK YOU! Scott is awesome for getting a pedi with you....that says a lot about him! You guys are so cute together!

Your puppy is way cute...don't let my FB posts get me wrong about dogs! haha! Does the pup have a name yet?