Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What to do on a crappy day? Eat Crepes!

This piece of deliciousness is a crepe with lemon curd and fresh strawberries with real whipped cream. 
I was so happy eating this yummy food.
I was able to leave work early Tuesday and while it was torrential rain I braved the streets and went for a crepe. I have really loved Portland. I am so blessed to have worked downtown and been to try many wonderful food places. I am so lucky. I am so fat. I am going to miss it!
Last week Todd (remember him from 1 year ago?) took me to dinner at Urbane Fondue. It was amazing.
I did not get any pictures of Urbane Fondue but it was comparable to Melting Pot. The major difference is that the meat course is not cooked in oil. Urbane Fondue uses broth and seasonings. I like this better. It cooked the meat with much more flavor. 
  I am glad I met Todd last year and while we have both moved onto other relationships we are still friends. I needed Todd's friendship so much last year. I am blessed with people in my life when I need them. I am so lucky to not be completely alone in Portland. 

3 comments:

Lori England said...

That looks so so so good! I am glad that you and Todd went to dinner. I hope he is well! He is such a great friend to you. Um does vernal have good food? Scott may have to learn to cook to keep you satisfied:) What an amazing chapter in you book of life Portland is/was. Love ya!

Ruth said...

I have wondered about your friend Todd from time to time. I am grateful he has found someone and so have you, but even more that you can still be friends. That is an incredible thing. You are a wonderful woman! Be well, dear friend!

cheeks said...

those look wonderful!! i'm so glad you went to chocolatefest, even if it was on your own. there's no reason to let others ruin your plans!! i couldn't believe your fb post...only one more week? are you doing a uhaul, is anyone coming up to help you make the move? are you headed straight for vernal, or is there a transition spot first? so many questions!! i hope to see you at convention! i will be there both days....kinda been a slacker on my CE's recently :) Good luck with the move, my friend!!