Thursday, January 05, 2012

Whew

I gave notice to my dear Dr M. I am moving back to Utah. There are moments where I experience sheer terror at quitting the best job of my life and there are more moments of utter happiness and peace. I know I am scared and that the picking up and moving my life is similar to what I did 3 years ago with Dan and that ended in heartbreak. I know I am scared because i dont like change. I know I am at peace because Heavenly Father loves me so much that he keeps sending the calming Holy Ghost to remind me I am doing what He wants. I know Scott is patient and keeps texting and telling me how much he adores me and loves me and what a catch I am. His effort to shower me with adoration and reassurance has really helped me. I am scared and excited!

6 comments:

Lizi Bates said...

Wowza!! Congrats Mair! Such an exciting time. It will be great :) Love ya!

Ruth said...

I am proud of you. I am glad you are my friend and I am thankful you let me be part of your life. Scott is a lucky man! :)

Aimee said...

Yay!!

The Obergs said...

wow, wow! This is big enough news that I had to break out of my non-commenting shell. I'm so excited for you! What a huge adventure you're on. I think you're so brave. I can't wait to see how everything unfolds.

And P.S. I suddenly am dying for a sugar cookie and some Almond Joy hot cocoa... thanks...

Maria said...

Oh Mair, I am so happy for you!! Vernal is still far away, but at least you'll been in the same state :) I have a book for about Portland. It's older and we found it in a cupboard at the Chamber when we were cleaning for the remodel. You might like it.

I understand 100% the fear of commitment. Tim and I have talked marriage and it's exciting and terrifying. I think the biggest problem I have is giving up my place. I love it and Tim and I need to find a place together and start from scratch if we're going to live together.

We need to go out and catch up when you get here!! Bring Heidi with you.

Chelseys Blog said...

Mair I am so excited for you. Moving back has to do with Scott I assume?! When r u moving? Hope it all goes smooth for u!! So jealous u will live in utah!!!!!