Saturday, April 30, 2005

A Symbiotic Relationship

Has anyone noticed the relationship between the good old American fast food chain, McDonalds and Walmart? I am speaking from a limited experience (only Utah). It seems to me that inside or very near each Walmart is the ever-present McDonalds. It makes me wonder...when did these two big dogs make their bed? Apparently the corporate daddies made it a long time ago. So, after America shops at the industry killer they can go harden their arteries at the fast food king. Life does not get better than that!! Good Bless America!

3 comments:

Maria said...

You need to watch "Superzize Me". It's a hilarious and frightening look at McDonalds.

Even more frightening than McDonalds's and Walmart together is the number of hospitals that have a McDonald's in their cafeteria. It's either the most ingenious thing ever (making patients sick at the hospital to generate more money for the medical field) or Americans really are the stupidest people on the planet.

I am not one to talk however. Friday night with you and the gang at Chili's I downed that entire BBQ burger and fries and dessert and appetizer! I should book my room in cardiac ICU right now.

Mary Ann said...

I have seen "Supersize Me"! I was really impressd with it. As for me...I will meet you at the cardiac unit or if they are too busy I will save you a seat at the McDonalds in the cafeteria! Yikes that thought scares me! I did not realize that the fast food king had moved into hospitals (I really have not spent time in one)! It just does not seem right!

N.F. said...

where I live, there is OF COURSE a McDonalds in the wal-mart. Un. freaking. believable. Thankfully, I now shop at target. :)