Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Mixed feelings...

That is what today has been full of. Today was the last day of my VA rotation. I am going to miss meeting all those individuals who have a way of making my life seem blessed. These men were patriots and fighters and now most of them are mentally distressed and some are homeless! I really appreciate them.

The other thing is my brother is going into the army. He leaves on Nov 1. That is so soon. I am happy he is enlisting because I love America and the way of life I have. I am sad he is enlisting because I love him and will miss him very much! As with leaving the VA my feelings do tend to lean on the happier side. I am glad that he is going to do something new and different. He is going to go places, see and do things that I will only read about in his emails. It really is a great opportunity for him and I am proud of him. So, I guess my mixed feelings are now clear...happy:)

4 comments:

Jo's Crazy Adventures said...

Which Brother!?!?!?!?!? You have the same brother as me right? Im going on a date tonight with Daniel...my hot Cambodian lover!! hehehe! oh and im going to a poetry reading too! i hope we snap! Loves!!!

Mary Ann said...

Daniel said to tell you that he is the one going into the army-not Dave. I hope you had fun!

The Obergs said...

Oh Mary Ann, I know how you feel I had a brother enlist in the airforce. He and all of my cute little "babies" (neices and nephews) had to move with him for four long years. Once his four years were up he didn't re-enlist but he is in the gaurd and has been sent for training many places for many months. I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I totally empathize with you, but like you said, you love this country and all that it stands for. I think you're brother is going to love it. Thanks for all of your hard work as our SADHA president and for being such a great TA. It makes me feel a lot better that you are rotting away on wednesday's with me hahah jk (Ok, so I don't always feel like I'm "rotting" but radiology feels like an eternity, am I right????) I love TAing just to let everyone know.

Maria said...

Breanna just emailed me and said that she missed the VA. I sometimes miss it too. It's nice to be able to help these men who have done so much for us. Don't worry, though: you still have next semester!!