Saturday, October 08, 2005

WSU SAHDA is #1

This weekend was the UDHA annual convention in Park City! Heidi, Melissa, Maria and I spent the night Thursday and Friday at the most dysfuntional hotel ever! Luckily we were still able to laugh all night long! I had a great time with them! They are so cute-I'm all sorts of jealous.

The best part of the weekend was the aromatic event at Redrock. You can get all the details at Maria's blog! I just want to thank the makers of Hanae Mori!!

I had the opportunity to serve as a delegate at the first house of delegates for UDHA. It was definitely an experience. I learned a lot about the politics of things. I also learned that voting happens via holding up a purple piece of cardstock-who knew? I learned that just like in high school elections, popularity does outweigh pure desire to serve. This kind of bugs me. I hope all the people who were elected will do a great job but I have a hard time believing that they will. I am afraid that they are just in it for a free trip. I mean there are such big issues facing the students of dental hygiene schools (and RDHs)right now that I really want to have someone in those positions who are passionate and of the same opinion as myself. I need to give them a chance to prove themselves. Maybe they will surprise me and step it up! I really hope so.

I want to thank all of WSU SADHA members for helping with the fundraiser! You guys are the best! I am so proud to be in this organization and school with you! WSU really is #1...I think my blood just turned purple;)

2 comments:

Jami said...

Maryanne,
You did great on Friday! Thanks for representing us! You are really doing a great job and i appreciate all your hard work. I love your blog...i've been lost in it for an hour now! I am so excited for you to see Rob! I agree with melissa...you should take a hot guy with you and make him jealous! :) I am the same way with Rascal Flatts! Tix go on sale next week so we'll see how lucky i am if i can afford them or not! HA HA I'll be back soon! Thx again for all your efforts in class and for SADHA! You're great!!

Maria said...

I had so much fun with you guys! I love hanging out with you and am so glad that I have you and Heidi as friends. And Melissa (but I guess that's assumed). I think I have "air-quote-itis", from all my air-quoting. Too funny! I love all of our inside jokes and I love that we can all talk non-stop and laugh until we cry. Okay, this is getting sappy, so I'll stop. Luv ya, luv your blog!