Thursday, November 03, 2005

THIS is how a heart breaks!

Oh what a night! Melissa and I attended the Rob Thomas concert last night! We had 8th row tickets with ended up being 3rd row because of equipment. I had a delightful view of Mr Rob for a little over 2 hours!

He sang all of my favs including 'smooth' and ' the difference'! These two songs are probably two of my all time fav Rob Thomas/Matchbox20 songs. When I saw MB20 in Vegas a couple of years ago I was slightly sad (only slightly because I had just been sung to by Rob!) that they did not perform those two songs. Thankfully, last night was my lucky night even though I am fighting a cold!! Rob really does put on a great concert! His current band (not MB20) were VERY fun to watch! I was very impressed with their skills at concert crowd entertainment! It was such a great concert!

The only downer is that Rob has made another album-you would think that was great news. He called it a half an album. It only has about 5 songs, but still I WANT it! I went to the merchandise seller after the concert and was sadly told that some dude from some other freaking state bought all 60 copies! I am pretty sure that the fagger needs to go back to his own state and leave at least one copy of the '...something more' cd for me!!! I mean how can I go through another weekend without all of Rob's music at my disposal! I just do not think I can survive....I tried to find it on his webpage and was again denied! If I have to go to ebay and buy one from that creepy dude who bought them all I am going to scream! If anyone knows where I can buy this cd please let me know so I do not have to buy one from ebay at 70 stinking dollars!!

THIS FOLKS IS HOW MY HEART BREAKS!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Don't be glum, chum, you'll get the CD soon. Thanks so much for taking me to the concert. Having been to many concerts, I guess I can consider myself a good judge of whether a concert sucked or not. I have been to concerts of some of my favorite bands and they pretty much sucked. But this concert did not!! I hardly know any of his songs and I was captivated the whole night!!! The dude can rock the kasbah! Plus he did a cover of a cool buttrock song that I love, and I'm sure you could tell by my ultra-nerdy dancing that I was having a fantastic time. You totally made my day girl!! I glad we're friends. You crack me up with some of the things you say (so what do you think when you see two guys at a concert....) You can always bet I'm thinking the same thing. TTFN!!!

Unknown said...

So, fill me in. How is SADHA and school? I am sure you are doing an amazing job, you are just that type of girl! Fill me in!!!

Jami said...

Oh MaryAnn! My eyes just got all watery when i read the sad news about the new Rob cd and that loser from out of state. HOW RUDE! Does he think he's the only fan...plus, he probably just wants to make bukoo bucks off of everyone else. I am so sorry. I am super jealous you were 3rd row to see the love of your life!

Concerts are the best thing ever!! I love listening to the radio on the way home because all the sponser stations are playing the featured band for the rest of the night! Don't concerts make you love them 100 times more than you already did?!---if that's even possible, right?! Well, i'll keep my eye out for that cd...and for that mean guy who bought em all...i'll kick his teeth out! ha ha ha

Maria said...

Even though I don't care for Rob's music (I think he's very talented but it just doesn't do anything for me; sorry!) I am so jealous that I couldn't go. Melissa and I are concert junkies and it would have been a blast to be there with you. Next concert, ok?

Tonight I'm going to Depeche Mode and in one month is U2!!! Bono is my love slave and I think I am going to faint when he walks onstage. I saw them on their Popmart tour and it was one of the happiest days of my life.