Sunday, March 12, 2006

'I am an illusion'

With local anesthetic boards so close I have been experiencing crazy dreams. Most of them are fuzzy but the feeling of anxiety, failure, and confusion are dominant.
Last night I had the BEST local anesthetic dream-here it goes

I was late. Heidi and I walked into the clinic and to our oportories-which were individual rooms like private practice. In my room Kelsie was setting up for me! I was so thankful to her for helping me that I did not notice the patient in my chair. Kels was trying to be cool but was watching me like a hawk. It was then that I noticed that my patient was my dream man, Mr. Rob Thomas! I was confused because I remembered seeing Bonnie, my LA board patient, in the waiting room. I thanked Rob for being so willing to be my patient. He replied that it was not a problem and he was willing to help. I told him that I was a little shocked that he was in my chair. Rob told me, 'of course I am here. I told you I would be when you asked me.' I have no memory of asking him. I then looked at my attire and realized that I was in jeans and sandals. Prof Gall and Mrs. Campbell were my judges and they were only 3 rooms down. I began to change into white shoes and scrubs. Rob was on the phone and politely excused himself to go smoke. He came back as I finished dressing. I was dreading having to talk to him about smoking cessation, but my fears left me when he walked into the room and climbed into the chair. He was so sexy and nice. I woke up before I got inside his mouth...DANG IT! I am pretty sure I could have had a great time probin, explorin and giving an extra/intra oral exam! Well here is to dreams!

Good luck 06ers on the LA board!!

3 comments:

Jami said...

Oh, I wish my dreams had sexy men in them....they only make me scared and dread Thursday!! Nothing EVER goes right...either i forgot to recap my syringe and start the next injection or the examiners don't ever let me really finish one, but they don't tell me if i pass or fail! I will be glad when thursday is over. Thanks tons for your help studying today, you guys are so nice!

Unknown said...

You are too funny!!! I never got one of those dreams... Bummer!! I am thinkin about you and know you will do great!! Keep me posted!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! Ha! ;-D