Friday, March 17, 2006

'luck of the Irish'

I successfully completed my local anesthesia board exams. I am still in shock. I have to keep looking at the envelope to make sure it was my candidate number and that it really said I successfully completed the exams. I know it will sink in later, probably after some good sleep.

My home girls passed as well. Way to go Korbin, Natalie, Melissa and Heidi! You guys rock. These girls took their test one day prior, in support of my nerves they came up to campus and dealt with all of the crazy estrogen/adrenaline in the air. I was touched that they cared that much about me! I am the luckiest girl in all of dental hygiene cookie world!!!

So, I arrived this morning at 8:20 am. I walked down to the testing room just in time to grab my packet and sit down. I took the written exam. I feel like I did pretty well on the exam. Sadly there was not any math...oh well! I am so thankful for my study group. There were so many questions that I knew cold because they had drilled the answers into my head. Thanks!

Bonnie was my patient. She was so great! I really appreciated her willingness to come up to campus and sit and wait for my turn. Then she was a great patient. I started with a right PSA injection. It went great! I proceeded to the left IA and got a huge positive aspiration. I withdrew and was allowed to pick up my back up syringe and proceed. I did so and when I was at deposition site the examiner wanted Bonnie to pull down her lip and then I noticed that I was not over the premolars! I finished the injection and was told to wait with my patient. About 3 eternal minutes later the examiners came back and said that they would like to see the left IA injection again. I said left, do you mean right? They wanted me to do another injection on the right. So I did. I rocked on that one. Bonnie said that I did not shake quite so much! I dismissed her and proceeded to clean up and dispose of my sharps. Then I cleaned the unit and left. As I left the clinic I noticed a flat envelope in the results basket. I peeked and it was my candidate number! Talk about fast results! I knew I passed without looking because the envelope was flat (if you failed the envelope was fat with failure and reapplication forms)! I turned and looked at the group of girls waiting for me to come out. I smiled and showed them the envelope! They screamed so loud I was shy and embarrassed to have such attention shown to me!

We went out for lunch to celebrate! Melissa bought sopapillas for all! What a great woman she is! Heidi treated us to ice cream compliments of her mom! Maria drove all the way up just to be there for us! I am the luckiest girl alive to have great friends in my life.

4 comments:

Jo's Crazy Adventures said...

i miss being your friend and by that i mean i miss playing with you! i will always always be your friend!!! even if i didnt have to i probably would!!! love you!!!

Jami said...

WAY TO GO GIRL!!!! When i woke up this morning i was thinking about you and saying a few more prayers....i've said a lot this week! :) I knew we could all do it! I can't believe you didn't have any math on your version...what the heck! That's so great, i love that all the girls screamed for you, i can totally picture it! Gotta love the support group! You rock!

Unknown said...

Yeah!! So proud! I was thinking about you, talked to Jamie the night before and heard her good news, and i just new you would do great! Isn't it a great confidence booster for the next two boards coming up!! You can do it!! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Muchas congrats! :-D