Thursday, March 02, 2006

'If you're happy and you know it...'

...Jump up and down! I did just that when I came home from the VA yesterday and sitting on the front step was a package with my name on it. I ran inside and proceeded to open a package so covered with tape that even my gramdma Faris would have been amazed. The person who packaged this box used at least 3 rolls of tape. It was amazing. I would cut off one layer and there would be another one sitting there taunting me with the unatainable prize inside! I could not stand it! Brent brought out the trusty pocket knife. Even armed with such a tool I had a hard time getting into the box. Once I broke through I was so excited to behold the game I had been searching for for several months; Pollyanna.

When I was a child my grandparents had a board game called Pollyanna. It is a basic take your men around the board game, but we would play parnters and the loosing team had to do the dishes. I have such fond memories of playing this game with my family. I have been looking for the right edition of the game on ebay. I have found several but every time I bid I am outbid. The game has been selling for 120 to 130 dollars. I do not have that kind of cash to spend on a game. So I made myself a deal. If I studied according to my schedule I could buy the game. So I have been bidding on this game forever. I finally won one on Sunday! I only paid 71 dollars! I am so lucky to get this game for so cheap....yup 71 is cheap to me! This game hold so much sentimental value that I would have gone higher but luckily I did not have to!

I am so happy I have this game! It is called the 'glad' game. I must remember the glad game and play it whenever I am feeling like I did the other day! I know I will make it and I know that I just need to be myself but the stress I am under is making my brain go haywire! I forget things, I do not care about a lot of things. I just need to stick it out a little bit longer and I will be a hygienist!

Well world...feel free to stop on by one night and we will get out the old Pollyanna game (it really is 55 years old!) and have some fun!

4 comments:

Jami said...

Just reading this post made me happy! I think you and your brother should play to see who has dish duty...or just make him do them all the time! ha ha! Way to be a bargain shopper! wooohoooo!

Unknown said...

Ah- you are so cute! Thanks!! You just wait- now that school is over i have so much time.....Too much time. I have found myself board at times! I miss going home and having malmad to read! Ha!! But seriously i really do miss "learning." I am so excited for you and boards! You are going to do great! I promise anesthesia is not bad at all. I was mad i read malamad three times fron to back- it definatley does not go into that much detail! Keep me posted! And remember- you are amazing!!!

The Obergs said...

Mary Ann!!!!! I can't believe you got it! Oh i'm so excited for you. I had no idea, why has it taken me 8 days to find out that you finally got the coveted Pollyanna game. Oh can I please come play with you?!??! Why don't you bring it on monday when we study. Then we can take a break every so often and play a round. that sounds like fun huh. Have a great weekend and I will hopefully see you next week before the dreaded day.

Jo's Crazy Adventures said...

Woah! i am so amazed!!! more tape than grandma?!?!?! what is this world coming to? I have been so busy (with bits of playing) so i havent been blogging. maybe sometime i will call you and we can chat! thanks for calling me the other day even though i was kinda a jerk! Love ya tons chicka!