Sunday, March 26, 2006

'(Mary's) Got a Gun'

I have two more days until the dreaded 8 hour written dental hygiene national board exam. I usually experience dreams prior to a stressful situation...read the 'I am an illusion' post. So last night I had a dream. I was in a shooting contest with other dental hygiene schools. I was representing Weber. One of the requirements was that our ammo had to be of a lesser calliber than a 204SD. My gun was a H6/7. The officials said that they had never heard of a gun that shot H6/7 rounds. I told them my dad had made the gun just for me. He even loaded the shells a little lighter so that it would not kick back on me. So I ended up kicking some trash during the competition. When I woke up and digested the dream I laughed and laughed! I had transposed the different calliber of gun with names of dental hygiene instruments! I love it!

Tomorrow is my undergraduate research symposium. I have to admit that my teams power point rocks! It is going to be great! I cannot wait to present because it means that the next day is the board exam. This means that my schedule will lighten up a smidge and then graduation is near! Only 39 days until graduation!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, you are so close!! I can't believe that it has been a year since i was going through all this! I am proud of you! You have done great! You will be an amazing hygienist! Any clue on what you are going to do job wise? Vegas? Good luck wednesday- you will be fine! Always remember Perio-aid. for some reason the examiners love that thing!! :)

BreAnna said...

you are so close and you have worked so hard, I felt that LA was hands down the most stressful day of DH, so really you have more than half done, at least as far as stress goes, you are ready for tomorrow, and you will do great, dont let the soap opera of the morning get to you, stay calm and do your own thing, you deserve to do amazing and you will!

Jami said...

It's nice to know that a year from now we will be going back to '07's blogs telling them good luck and so enjoying the fact that it's not us this time!!!! Your dream was a little twisted and i loved it! That's hilarious! Way to teach all those people at symposium the difference between scaling teeth and polishing! They would still be in the dark if it wasn't for you! You will do so great tomorrow!!!

Jo's Crazy Adventures said...

I love you and I can't wait till I get to give you the biggest hug ever! ohoh that will mean that my school will be done...for a while and yours will be done forever! bahahahaha! FREEEEDOM! Im free, free falln! (thats a song but i cant think of what it is called...pleeease tell me oh great one!) k, love ya bye!

Unknown said...

Hope everything went well today!! I know you did great!!!