Friday, January 01, 2010

Mad Yarn Skills

The next phase I want to share from my trip to Utah is the making of these cute hats. My mom and I went to visit Cedar City. While we were there we saw the cutest hats that Misty Prisbey had made on her drive from Boise to Cedar City. We got the info and started our own.
I made the white one for myself. My mom has a button bucket and my sister Jo Ann found this cute button. I wore it yesterday while out preparing for our New Year's Eve festivities. But my step daughter came over last night and she saw it and loved it. I gave it to her. She wore it all night. She looked really good in it....much better than me.

First I started crocheting this pink hat for my wonderful and lovely sister-in-law Jenni. The first one came out shaped like a kite. It had a tale. So I unraveled it and started over. Then I found out I had been crocheting wrong. Here I am 2 afghans down and I just learned that I am doing it wrong ha ha ha. My mom corrected me and away I went. The new stitches were tight and lovely and the hat came out tiny. So again I unravelled it. The third try truly is the best. I got it right finally. Jenni liked it and looks super cute in it. I am all excited to keep crocheting the correct way!!

My family makes me laugh. I love being with them. So all week we called crocheting 'kroch-eting' (said phonetically). It was a wonderful week of crocheting!!!

6 comments:

cheeks said...

wow, you've got a great talent! You should seriously think of selling those hats....i bet you could have a nice 2nd income! seriously! crafts like that are all over in utah, but outside of Utah it's hard to find cute stuff like that (at least here in OH it is, i don't know about oregon). You look darling in the hat....i bet your stepdaughter is loving it! i'm sure that won you some major brownie points in her book as well! next time you make one too small....let me know, i'll buy it off you for E babe!

Maria said...

Glad you had fun back in UT! Wish we could've met up so I could see you again!

Ruth said...

You are talented! I am envious! Where is my hat????

vicki said...

Adorable hats!

Lizi Bates said...

Love the hats! You've got some crocheting talent Mair!! It would take me at least 1 year to finish one hat, haha! Misty always has some fun useful craft project going on. We need to move back to the Melling compound!

Angie said...

You are SO talented! I love it! :-D