Sunday, January 03, 2010

The next installment of my Utah adventures includes my niece and nephew. Here we are putting together a gingerbread train. It is the first train I have ever done. It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it. My nephew on the other hand loved it even though he would not smile for a picture.



They are growing so fast. I must see them more often.
Next my sister Lori (who is pregnant Yeah ) got the best gift ever in her opinion. My mom got her an automatic potato peeler. Her kids love potatoes, hashbrowns etc.
Lori has used this great tool to make the best hashbrowns and to have mashed potatoes without the skin-which her family used to have due to her detesting peeling potatoes. So it was a wonderful Christmas.
Here is my mom. She has had a hard year. She has been very sick. It has killed me to be in Portland. But things are better and she is starting to eat again. She lost tons of weight because she was so sick; vomiting all she ate. I am so glad that she was feeling better and even ate seconds on many things!!! She is the cutest mom ever!

7 comments:

cheeks said...

decorating gingerbread is fun no matter what it is, although, i don't think i've ever done a train! i peeled some skin off my finger just today while peeling potatoes for dinner....maybe i should look into one of those! your sis does look pretty pleased with the new trinket!

your mom is cute....i hope she has a full recovery. life is no fun when you can't eat! wow, you're family has really had a lot happen this past year. i hope you're holding up ok! i'm glad you made it home....they probably needed you just as much as you needed them!

Lori England said...

I love it Mair! I hope all is well! We have had hashbrowns twice and both times they lick the pan clean. Love you!

Ruth said...

I am glad your mom is better. I am glad you made it back to UT and I had the privilege of seeing you!

vicki said...

Your mom is totally cute and I think you look just like her!

Lizi Bates said...

I'm so happy you got to go to UT and visit your family!! Your mom is so cute! I'd love to meet her one day. I'm glad she's able to eat again and that she is recovering. Looks like you had a fantastic time with the fam...hopefully you get to do those visits more often.

Melissa Rees said...

Glad our mom is better! And I totally want that peeler!

Angie said...

So I'm sure you probably realize it, but you sound SO happy in these Utah posts! Even with the trials of family sicknesses and such! I'm so glad you got to go visit! :-)