Monday, May 10, 2010

It Is What It Is

Meet my girls. The Pampered Chef is Kym the dental assistant in my office. Bonnetta is the front office manager in my office. The three of us have so much fun. We work hard. Once a month I work a Friday. This is a special day ha ha ha. To make it bearable we go out after work. Last month we went to dinner and a movie.This month we went to Kym's lovely house and taught Bonnetta how to make homemade alfredo sauce. We made cheese tortellini with chicken and broccoli. We baked some asparagus, garlic bread. I purchased a raspberry poppy seed cake. All the food was divine. We had such fun. After eating our wonderful dinnerwe soaked in the hot tub for a while. It was amazingly therapeutic.

Yesterday I went over to Dan's place and we filled out all the paperwork for the dissolution of our marriage. It was hard emotionally...the paperwork was very idiot proof and simple. I have so many emotions about it. Right now they are sad and angry and hurt. I am putting a picture of my tailgate as a a reminder of the shit I don't want in my life. This damage was done by Dan. I did not yell or get upset when it happened. He promised he would get it fixed. 6 months later and the holes are still there. Add to that yesterday I wanted to put that into the decree and we had a huge fight about it. Of course I gave in. What else could I do. He will not pay for it. Dan has given me money for my bills and he pays for my internet. He says that money should be going to the tailgate. I said he should help support me like I supported him for a year while he was in school and between jobs AND pay for what he broke. He does not see it my way. It is what it is...good song by Lifehouse by the way. I love Canadian Geese. They are amazing. I love their colorings and their honkings and their ability to be monogamous. These two are in the field on my walk to work. In my little world they are the perfect little goose family. I pretend there is a nest and little ones are on the way. I am sure they have other things to do and bugs to eat but it makes me happy to think that.

3 comments:

Melissa Rees said...

Ok you look AMAZING in pigtails!!! And if Dan turns up beaten within an inch of his life in the next few days, you know who did it.

Jo's Crazy Adventures said...

i love you and i miss you and i almost punched dan when i actually saw with my own eyes what he did to your truck. but i didnt cuz i didnt want to watch him cry.

Angie said...

1. I miss your cooking. Seriously.

2. The Smith/Rabines family wants to punch Dan in the face for your tailgate and for every other douchey thing he's ever done to you. Also, I would be happy to put in a call to my Judge Judy friend if you want me to. ;-)

3. There's a poem by Leslie Norris called "Hudson's Geese" that is heartbreakingly beautiful.

4. I am up to Smallville Season 5. I think of you every time I push play. :-)